Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

5th wheeler stabilizers

My Cruiser 305RS wobbles even with a tripod on the front. It appears that the Steadyfast locking unit is by far the best rated stabilizer on the net. Does anyone have any opinions on this product or others?
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:15 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Do a search for "trailer rock & roll" for some ideas.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
Site Team

The tri pod is worthless! I had one and gave it away.
Get a set of stabilizers. I don't believe the make/ brand will make an difference. They all seem to work the way they are advertised to.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

I picked up some of the X blocks that go between the two axles. It helped a lot more than I expected.
mdbeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:20 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Those things apparently work well but unless you do mostly long stays, I don't personally think they are worth the expense/hassle (for me at least). Also, I'd be afraid that I would forget to loosen them up prior to raising or lowering the legs. The wobble doesn't really bother me but it drives some people crazy. The Steadyfast unit looks like a great option if you need to stabilize, however.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:10 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Ultra Fab Eliminator:

Ultra Fab Eliminator:
Eight years ago we installed Eliminators. They still look and work great. They are well made and have a powder coated finish. Eliminators require a 30” clearance from the landing gear. We had only 28” so I ended up shortening the smaller diameter pipe (inner) just enough to accommodate this situation.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:35 PM   #7
New Camper

Steadyfast Stabalizers

Hi Nigel.
I've had the Steady-fast stabilizers on my 2010 30ft Crossroads since 2010. They were fairly easy to put on and they take most all of the sideways wobble out of the RV. You watch the video of where the guy is shaking the RV before and after the install, that is what you get. Hardly any sideways play from the unit with them engaged. I sold my kingpin tripod on Craig's list.

Like everything else on the RV, you need to remember to lock and unlock them as required.

I like them and would buy again.

Please be aware that you still may get some bouncing from the RV when walking inside as it takes out the sideways movement but not bouncing from the tires.

Hope this helps.

Dave
iloveoak is offline   Reply With Quote