Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #1
New Camper

2014 Sunset Trail 32RL 5th wheel slide out is stuck

Hello all,

I have a 2014 Sunset trail reserve 32RL 5th wheel and my slide with the chairs and table is stuck out. I have searched high and low for a manual over ride with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have the manuals but they are all very vague.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Bobby
BOBBYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

You have a tool to manually crank the slide in and out. You will crank the the slide from the opposite side the slide is on. So, if the slide is on the drivers side you will use the tool and crank the slide from the passenger side. First picture is the tool. Second picture is the opening you put the tool into and place the end on the crank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1445CF4E-667F-42D0-8BFD-B1D54DEC5CBD.jpg (563.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg E87F1924-1802-42FD-A8F4-8DA1D0E7AB25.jpg (190.4 KB, 40 views)

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Here’s a video that might help. https://youtu.be/o_3vc0STmfI

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
New Camper

My camper is not at my house, but I am 99% sure I dont have that access system on the slide. I just cant imagine I missed that. This system is cable driven.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #5
Site Team

Here's a link to cable slide. https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...?do=file&id=43

Down load to read.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:25 PM   #6
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Here's a link to cable slide. https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...?do=file&id=43

Down load to read.
Thank you so much.. I seen the tool referenced in my owner's manuals bag and didnt know what they were.

Fingers crossed.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #7
New Camper

Stuck slide- sunset trail 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBYM View Post
Hello all,

I have a 2014 Sunset trail reserve 32RL 5th wheel and my slide with the chairs and table is stuck out. I have searched high and low for a manual over ride with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have the manuals but they are all very vague.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Bobby
Hey... we have a 2014 sunset trail 32bh travel trailer..... we have had the same issue. Not sure if the 5th wheel is the same, there are two electrical boxes that will permit you to override the system to enable the slide to retract. Our are located in the cupboard underneath the tv and the second one for the back slide in the area underneath the fuse panel- (not easy to locate).

Once you have found those there is a procedure you have to follow to engage the process- there is no crank for our’s only this system.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:52 PM   #8
New Camper

Mine was actually the slide out with the cables referenced above. My gear box was stripped out and I got it replaced. I couldn't get the cables exactly right but got them close enough to bring the slide in. It's on the way to the dealer tomorrow to adjust the cables correctly.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:53 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Thanks for posting the resolution. It will help someone else along the way.
I have the cable system as well, and have learned how to adjust it, to some degree.
However, I'm still struggling with the adjustment of mine. I works okay, but I'm concerned that when going out, it goes out withe the outside bottom lower than the top. Once out, it seats well against the wall, and seems all good. It comes in the same way, and about 1/2 way it, it 'chatters' as if it's dragging on the floor. I have inspected it under the bottom seal, and under the carpet, and find nothing. What is disconcerting is that I also don't find and rollers or glides for it to run on. I have looked at numerous YouTube videos, and I see some of them do exactly what mine does. Most don't. Any advise is welcome.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #10
Site Team

My slide sort of acts the same way. If you feel you need something to protect the floor, here is a product to look at.

https://www.rvautoparts.com/013-4300...CABEgKKOvD_BwE

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:49 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Thanks, Mark. It is my big slideout, heavy, deep and long. I think they could have used a better system, but then I wouldn't be able to afford the unit I suppose.
I'll look into those floor protectors. When I first got my unit, like the second time I put out the other (kitchen) slide out, I heard a crunching sound, ran out, and found the black aluminum corner trim had caught, and tore it off. I inspected things, and decided it was just trim, and frankly, forgot about it. It was the textured trim that is used under the corners of the slide, and saw no real need for it except to hide the unfinished inside corner of the slide. I really can't see what the slideout slides on, other than the frame of the slide.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote