Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Toilet leaking

Have a Thetford model 42072 foot flush toilet. The "sprayer" where the water comes out to flush has a drip. Has anyone fixed this? I looked it up on the net, can't find anything. Pics attached. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180618_173459.jpg (130.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20180618_173046.jpg (92.5 KB, 5 views)

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:38 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

Yep! Took the POS Thetford out for some target practice & replaced it with a Dometic 310 (round bowl), much better toilet. Saw it at CW yesterday for $169, the foot pedal for the Thetford was $70+. This is what I'd recommend for you, it's about a 20 minute job.
Yours has leaking valve & you'll have remove the toilet to replace the valve so just as well replace the toilet, You'll be glad you did.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:45 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Yep! Took the POS Thetford out for some target practice & replaced it with a Dometic 310 (round bowl), much better toilet. Saw it at CW yesterday for $169, the foot pedal for the Thetford was $70+. This is what I'd recommend for you, it's about a 20 minute job.
Yours has leaking valve & you'll have remove the toilet to replace the valve so just as well replace the toilet, You'll be glad you did.

So I’m not the only one who scrapped the Thetford toilet! I got tired of rebuilding that darn thing. We’ve got a cheapo now, but I’m planning on the new Dometic Revolution 310.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:01 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Yep I too replaced my toilet with the Dometic 310 only after 2 weeks. Had one in my old camper so I knew what I was getting. I like the new slow closing seat!!! The Theftford wasn't leaking just a cheap toilet IMO and while I was changing it I went ahead and put a small hammer arrester in just too quiet it down and makes it easier on the pipes. All said and done toilet, arrester a couple of fittings less than $190 and couldn't be happier!!!
gonderoo is offline   Reply With Quote