Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2024, 12:21 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Slide out rollers

Hello everyone
I have a 2020 253RB with the accuslide slide system, and was wondering if anyone ever added slide out rollers to the bottom of their slides? I've had it just in the dealer to do slide work and they adjusted cables too but the slide jumps and chatters as going in and out. my darco is also starting to fray in the middle of the slide(I already installed stainless ski slides on both ends) I've heard about slide rollers being installed underneath which I think would be an awesome addition. I've also heard I cant install them on a "flush floor" system(with the cushion block rollers that are already installed from the factory). has anyone installed rollers on a flush floor?
Old 04-30-2024, 08:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Just my two cents here so take it for what its worth. With a "Flush Floor" as the slide room gets to the end of its out travel the floor drops down thus flush. If you had rollers there it would hold the floor up when it gets all the way out. If you mounted them low enough to let the floor drop down then they would not support anything as the room goes in.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 04:39 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Yeah after looking at it a 2nd time I'd have to go with more compression rollers that the company uses. The rollers have a rubber block inside the bracket that compresses a little when the floor drops level. Back to the drawing board for me.
Old 05-05-2024, 02:35 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I have a 262 BH and I experienced the same thing. Mine was bumping and stuttering its way out and in. I added 6 rollers to mine and It really does glide alot smoother.

Be sure to measure which slide out track you have though, you absolutely need to order the correct ones. For those concerned about the Rollers lifting up the slide, it won't... from the factory the slide out glides along a lonnng plastic edge that runs the length of the slide out, it's usually 1/2 to 3/4 high. Depending on the roller you get, it should be the identical height of the slide out edge. It doesn't take the slide out frame completely off the gliding edge, it just sorta take some of the weight off of it allowing it to glide better over the Rollers.

Install Is pretty straight forward, I would just use a good floor jack and some 2x4 blocks. YouTube has a couple of videos I saw on it.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat

Let me know if you have any other questions
priest6479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:27 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by priest6479 View Post
I have a 262 BH and I experienced the same thing. Mine was bumping and stuttering its way out and in. I added 6 rollers to mine and It really does glide alot smoother.

Be sure to measure which slide out track you have though, you absolutely need to order the correct ones. For those concerned about the Rollers lifting up the slide, it won't... from the factory the slide out glides along a lonnng plastic edge that runs the length of the slide out, it's usually 1/2 to 3/4 high. Depending on the roller you get, it should be the identical height of the slide out edge. It doesn't take the slide out frame completely off the gliding edge, it just sorta take some of the weight off of it allowing it to glide better over the Rollers.

Install Is pretty straight forward, I would just use a good floor jack and some 2x4 blocks. YouTube has a couple of videos I saw on it.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat

Let me know if you have any other questions
Just trying to educate my self here. With my flush floor slide with the rack and pinion system. As my floor goes out it rides on the slide bar until the slide gets to the full out position then drops down so the slide floor and the main floor are flush. Now is the part that I do not understand. If you install rollers as soon as the floor comes in and raises up on the glide bar the rollers would not be touching the floor. And if they did when the floor tried to drop down as the room went out the rollers would hold it up. Where do the rollers go? And are we talking about the same type of slide system? The leading edge of my slide floors are tapered so that when fully extended it drops down to be flush. Just trying to educate myself. Thanks

I will leave my statement but did some research on the Accu-Slide system that does indeed have rollers. Guess I missed the Accu-Slide part the first time. Never to old to learn and I just did.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 07:05 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping2020 View Post
Hello everyone
I have a 2020 253RB with the accuslide slide system, and was wondering if anyone ever added slide out rollers to the bottom of their slides? I've had it just in the dealer to do slide work and they adjusted cables too but the slide jumps and chatters as going in and out. my darco is also starting to fray in the middle of the slide(I already installed stainless ski slides on both ends) I've heard about slide rollers being installed underneath which I think would be an awesome addition. I've also heard I cant install them on a "flush floor" system(with the cushion block rollers that are already installed from the factory). has anyone installed rollers on a flush floor?
This thread will tell you everything you need to know about adding rollers to your slides.

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...ing-16053.html

It's very easy, extremely effective and not very expensive.

Dustin

Dustin and Doris

2018 Crossroads, Sunset Trail 33CK,
38', 7600 lbs empty, 8300 lbs loaded.
2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package with added "Roadmaster Active Suspension"
toolman.dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 05:42 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I see what you mean, I had to lookup your model of trailer and do some research on the slide out type. I myself do not have the flush floor, so mine just extends out and does not drop down at all. I have the BAL ACCUslide cable system in mine.

However, the same company I purchased my rollers, I do see they make a compression roller for the flush-mount floor.

https://balrvproducts.com/product/p8...r-flush-floor/

I would give these guys a call, they were very helpful when I was researching my slide out issues.They gave me a some helpful info, tips and some documentation. Despite the type of slideout, I can at least testify from my experience, the rollers were a worthy investment for my setup and they definitely helped to smooth out the slideout while extending and retracting.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Just trying to educate my self here. With my flush floor slide with the rack and pinion system. As my floor goes out it rides on the slide bar until the slide gets to the full out position then drops down so the slide floor and the main floor are flush. Now is the part that I do not understand. If you install rollers as soon as the floor comes in and raises up on the glide bar the rollers would not be touching the floor. And if they did when the floor tried to drop down as the room went out the rollers would hold it up. Where do the rollers go? And are we talking about the same type of slide system? The leading edge of my slide floors are tapered so that when fully extended it drops down to be flush. Just trying to educate myself. Thanks

I will leave my statement but did some research on the Accu-Slide system that does indeed have rollers. Guess I missed the Accu-Slide part the first time. Never to old to learn and I just did.
priest6479 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rollers, slide rollers

« Shower door | - »