Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
Site Team

I went thru this fridge business a couple years ago. I was going to change it then. Found out the thermistor was the problem. Boy, that was a cheap fix.
My rig has a dead panel above the fridge. If that is removed, it's the exact measurement needed to slide the 8 ft, into. What I got to wondering about was the depth, and if the chimney would just hook back up without any modification.
When you buy these rigs, they offer either fridge, so I would think it should be a pretty easy swap.

Do you know if the Norcold has a separate temp adjust for the freezer?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
My rig has a dead panel above the fridge. If that is removed, it's the exact measurement needed to slide the 8 ft, into. What I got to wondering about was the depth, and if the chimney would just hook back up without any modification.
When you buy these rigs, they offer either fridge, so I would think it should be a pretty easy swap.
Width and depth will be the same as your 6CF. Your upper vent is on the roof, so that will not be a problem. The only issue might be with an upper baffle. If there is too much space between the coils and the back wall, a baffle is needed to force the air thru the coils. So, if there is a baffle, it will probably need to be moved higher. But I really don't think the CF29RK needed a baffle.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
Site Team

What does the baffle look like? I've done considerable work thru the back side and down thru the top, and I don't know that I seen anything that I recognize as a baffle.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote