Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

08 Kingston 33SF has the Trailair Equa-flex with grease serts and for some reason I cannot get the serts to take any grease, can someone tell me what may be the problem?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Possibilities, 1. the bolts were inserted with the side hole either directly north or south thus allowing the weight of the trailer pressing against the spring to dam up the hole, 2. the grease zerk itself has trash in it from the mfg. process. I would remove one of the zerks first and clean it out (parts cleaner) and insert it into your grease gun to make sure it works first before screwing it back into the bolt. If it works while out, but not after you install, then you would need to pull the bolts. Sorry bout that.

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I had the same problem so I called Trail-Aire and discussed the problem with them. I was told that either the bolts were improperly installed or the weight/position of the springs was causing the holes to be blocked. Advised me to either move the trailer slightly or use the real stabalizer jacks to take some of the weight off of the springs and see if that solved the problem. Putting the rear stabalizer jacks down solved the problem.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
Site Team

I had 2 that didn't want to take grease. I had the wheels and tires off, placed a bottle jack under the axle and raised it up some and they both took grease. I think when everything is new, there isn't much slop in there and it can bind up pretty tight and close off the hole.
Check the ends of your grease zerks and see if there is paint on them. Some times they are painted over and that little ball is stuck and you have to clean the paint off.
There are a couple more options that you can try if this and the previous posts don't solve it.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:16 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Thanks, when time allows I will start working on the methods that hasbeensuggested.