Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2024, 03:05 AM   #1
New Camper

Keystone travel trailer nightmare

We bought our new 2022 keystone aire travel trailer in oct 2021. We have had issues since day one. The "wood " finishings are cheap pressed plywood that peeling. The dinette table falls off the pedestal regularly. We have leaks in the kitchen and bath. The latest issue is the flooring is sagging. The manufacturer says call the dealer and the dealer says call the manufacturer. This trailer was put together with glue and staples. What a nightmare!
Allyntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I purchased a new 2022 Keystone Cougar TT in January 2023 to replace my Crossroads Sunset Trail. I needed a bigger TT. Problems almost immediately with the Cougar. Keystone warranty covered most issues but there were many days spent in the shop and cancelled camping trips. In August 2023 I was told by an independent Keystone-authorized repair shop that my trailer needs a new roof due to extensive bubbling. Keystone says the roof meets industry standards. Ya, what standards! I tell everyone never buy a Keystone product.
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allyntown View Post
We bought our new 2022 keystone aire travel trailer in oct 2021. We have had issues since day one. The "wood " finishings are cheap pressed plywood that peeling. The dinette table falls off the pedestal regularly. We have leaks in the kitchen and bath. The latest issue is the flooring is sagging. The manufacturer says call the dealer and the dealer says call the manufacturer. This trailer was put together with glue and staples. What a nightmare!
If you read the small print in your sales contract, I bet there is some language that reads the dealer does not warranty your TT. However, an honest dealer will fix issues under warranty and bill the manufacturer for the work done. See if you can find a Keystone-authorized repair shop near you. Take your TT there to have the warranty work done.
Old Today, 11:04 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

There was a reason I went with the Grand Design Reflection when I bought a new TT. I have been attending the RV shows for years and the Grand Design trailers are just superb quality throughout. One of the few to have a true 4 season rating, aluminum vice wood beams and studs, foam insulation, true wood not press board, etc. When I went to the dealer to check out the 315RLTS I bought they had a Cross Roads with almost the exact same floor-plan. However, going between the two trailers was night and day when it come to construction, fit, and finish.
2020 Silverado HD3500 Duramax
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote

« 2nd AC Install??? | - »