Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
New Camper

We took our 2005 Cruiser on its longest trip yet, 7161.9 miles from Spokane, Washington all over Alaska and British Columbia and the Yukon. Not one thing went wrong with the Cruiser or the Power King Tow Max tires but after five years I guess we will go to Maxxis tires as replacements (glad I did not need the two spares).In fact, over the years our Cruiser has treated us pretty good. The Top of the World Highway from Tok via Chicken to Dawson was a fair to poor gravel road on the Alaska side but partially paved on the Yukon side and you can see for miles and miles and miles. The Cassier Highway had some of the best (southern end) and worst road we have ever driven on (northern end) but we made it just fine. If anybody is going over these roads just go slow and you will do fine.

Guess I should have reregistered when CR changed the forum format as I am now a newbee again, oh well. Did see a couple of Cruisers on the highways and one pretty good looking Seville - maybe we will trade for a Seville when we get a new truck.

GMC 2500HD SLT, 8.1, Allison

Crossroads Cruiser CF28RL
idahoboy#26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Now that is a good trip. When I fully retire that will be one to go on. Glad to hear all went well.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Good to hear, that is quite a trip. We did the Dawson City to Chicken run in 05 in our previous 5th. We were not as lucky we broke a spring just outside of Chicken and limped into Toke. The spring was replaced in Toke. We made it home, but the tires and the undercarriage were toast.

Aside from the aggravation with the 5th that was one heck of a trip. If you like Nature, Solitude and fishing, it is heaven!!Edited by: pegger
https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...aravan07-2.gif
pegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
Site Team

By the sounds of it, you had a wonderful trip!!!!
I'm green with envy. That is a trip I have wanted to make. Just don't have it all together yet.
Glad to hear yours was a good one.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Welcome back, We had drifted away from the forum as well.Then having to re-sign in to a new format too took a little time.so I try to stay on task a little more. Your trip sounded great, however I don't think I would want to travel with our crusier &truck. We did hear the road system will get the best of the vehicle's.I would like to hear more about your trip. Karen
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote