Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We almost pulled the trigger on one back in April, but some bad financial news from the company I work for forced me to wait. We are now in the process of purchasing a 2010 30SK Patriot. Build completion date is the end of July. The wife and I are really excited.
I have a generic Pre-Delivery Inspection form that I downloaded from the Internet. Does any one know of some model specific things that I need to check on the PDI? Also, my dealer will be installing a 16k Curt slider hitch for me. It looks like a good quality hitch, but does anyone have any comments, pro or con, on this hitch?

Maggie Mae (Basset Hound)

2008 Ford F-250 CC 5.4l 3.73

2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot

Chazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:20 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Congratulations Chazworth on the new Patriot. We ordered ours last week and have a build completion of end of July also. I quess they will run down the line together
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:46 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Mine will be heading south to Georgia, where's yours going to land?

Old 06-27-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Chazworth and dalemac377, congrats to you both. Chazworth, any good PDI list off the net should work fine. Just make sure you look in every crook and cranny and that all the mechanical items function as they are suppose to. Crawl all over that thing then go enjoy it.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

best of luck.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

If yours comes with a pre installed gas line for an outside appliance and you have one to use with it getthe hose that fits your appliance with the quick connect that fits your camper. Be sure the dealer Blows up the air mattress for the couch and all the parts are there!Also check for missing calk around panel seams. You will need a pair of X CHOCKS they are the only ones that i could find to fit between the 16" wheels. Also pay close attention to the screws all around the outside and expecially the ones on the slides that comes incontact with your wyper seals.These are all things we have come across on ours. Congrats Dale and Carol we know youll love it and congrats Chazworth crossroads is #1 in our book. Hope to see ya down the road!!

Dee N BOB

Duramax,allison.etc.

2009 30SK Patriot edition

Pullrite 20.5k Super Fifth

https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...b1/NewSpot.jpg
buddhabob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Chazworth, ours will be in north eastern illinois, our home area. Then three months in the winter in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 06-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Hay Dale are you and Carol actually camping down there?? We were wondering which campground ?? Is it private or can anyone come in for a week or so?? We have a week at christmas that isnt planned yet!!I have a new trailer life map program for campgrounds!!Or maby well catch ya up this way sometime!! We were going to naperville Ill in September but that has turned in to smokey bear cg by gatlinberg. Hurray for the Smokies!!! Have a safe trip where ever your headed!!

Dee N Bob

Duramax,allison.etc.

2009 30SK Patriot edition

Pullrite 20.5k Super Fifth

https://i494.photobucket.com/albums/r...b1/NewSpot.jpg
buddhabob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Congratulations! We are located in Woodstock, GA. Heading to Tugaloo State Park in July our 2nd trip.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

https://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...30slbucket.jpg
dja29RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Congrats on your new Patriots. We have been camping every weekend since April in ours. No repair issues that needed more than a screwdriver. We love it.
w&cferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:19 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Buddhabob1, in the winter we stay at Anchors Aweigh RV park in Foley, Alabama. You can generally reserve short, one or two week stays during winter months.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
Old 06-30-2009, 08:04 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

The wife and I have been discussing the destination for our very first trip. We were thinking either a short Fri. and Sat. at the lake (40 miles away), or a three day weekend (Labor Day) going to the Apple Festival in Hendersonville, NC (about 180 miles away). Any opinions?

Old 06-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

I generally keep my first trips not too far from home with camper services near by. It seems that even when we thought we had everything we needed we forget something. I assume you are talking about Carters Lake, never camped there but took my boat, we really like it. Curious who you ordered your unit through. Heard the dealer in Dalton is no longer handling Crossroads.

Edited by: dja29RK

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

Old 06-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

The lake would be Clarks Hill Lake (now Lake Thurmond) above Augusta. A well stocked RV dealer would be about 20 miles from the lake. We bought ours through Southern RV in Jonesboro, Ga. They told us that they are now the only Crossroads Dealer in Georgia handling the Cruiser and Kingston lines.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #15
Family Vacation Member

Cool I have never been the Lake Thumond. I bought my first Cruiser from them. Out new came from Newby's in TN.

2004 Ford F350 Diesel

Old 06-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Whats with all the dealers dropping Crossroads products lately?
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #17
New Camper

If your special ordered your unit good luck, and follow up daily. My wife and I special ordered a Cruiser 29RK in May. This was a cash and trade deal; no financing involved. Over three weeks ago, we were given a VIN, and told to expect delivery in about a week. It never appeared. The dealer apprently was told it was finished, but held up by GE Financing. They impressed upon them this was a cash deal. Long story short, we were informed that the unit was released for shipment, but instead of sending it to us, it was diverted to another dealer. According to our dealer, they have been stonewalled by Cruiser, and two factory reps have been terminated, and the factory is not returning theircalls. Our dealer now says that they are seriously considering terminating their relationship with Cruiser because of the poor treatment by Cruiser. Our dealer is Atlantic Cape RV in Absecon NJ, just outside of Atlantic City. They are offering to return our deposit. I have given them unitl Wednesday to get this bck into production. If the factory continues down the same path, we will take them up on their offer. As a P.S. we have been researching a new unit for over a year, and had settled on Sundance, but changed our minds after they discontinued the split bath option in a center lounge.
PMCRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:52 AM   #18
Full Time Camper

GE Financing is only a floor plan company to dealers - so any dealys caused by them is a direct result of your dealer. If you paid cash 100% upfront then there is no reason your unit shouldd be held up by GE Capital. If you only put 15% down then the dealer does indeed front the balance to Crossroads when the coach is completed - so again, if this is the case it's your dealer (again).

When I was at Crossroads in late April they were rolling them from the final inspection area onto a holding lot which had truck traffic 24 hrs a day taking the units to the end customers. I didn't see any issues with their production and they were ramping up for numerous summer orders.

Have you called Crossroads directly and asked why this is occuring? Perhaps the Crossroads Admin. can chine in here about people getting fired, but our dealer has no issues getting new units in about 6 weeks. Of course, they don't have GE Capital and aren't in a pinch.

Good luck - I suggest you call the factory yourself and talk to the regional Cruiser rep. - they can tell you exactly where the coach is an why it's being held up. I sniff out a dealer issue here.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:05 AM   #19
New Camper

Thanks. We've considered it to be a dealer issue, and it could be they are lying to us, but it is a small, established dealer. Last time this happaned Montana was the problem. In that case the factory outright lied to me over the phone and the dealer. so I'm inclined to figure it is the factory. I've e-mailed them, with no response at all. On Monday I'll be burning up the phone lines. Do you have any phone numbers that are not in the general domain? If it is the dealer, I know to take my deposit and run. Thanks, Rich and Elaine
PMCRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:11 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

Rich - actually they answer their standard phone line (you get a real person!) Ask the phone operator to talk to the representative for the Cruiser product in your state. Since all RV companies open up at 4am you'll want to burn that phone line up when they aren't busy around 6-8AM in the morning. The Regional Rep. for your area has access to a database that tells them where every unit is when in production, you'll need your VIN#.

Let us know how you make out please.