Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hopeful Cruiser Aire owner with questions

Hello,

I was wondering if I could get some info on a Cruiser Aire unit I am looking at. It is the Cruiser Aire 25rl. I am in the San Diego area. There are no dealers close to me that carry this brand so I unfortunately cannot visit it on site. My question is height of the overhang from the ground while the trailer is level and the height of the hitch slide rails, or pin, to the ground. I am trying to figure out the 5th wheel hitch setup for my tow vehicle. It is a Ram 3500. I have heard this truck is difficult to find the correct setup to get the trailer to tow level. I hear a lot of Ram owners complain of the trailer being nose high. I think I dont need these measurements from this exact model. I think other Cruiser Aire models might provide the same measurements.

Unfortunately, I have not had good experiences contacting Crossroads or its dealers. I have contacted two dealers asking if this information is available with no responses at all. I even contacted Crossroads directly. From Crossroads I received a one line response saying to contact a dealer. So not really any help from the manufacturer or dealers. Kind of frustrating when I want to buy a product from them.

Thank you for all the help....
wmj3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:49 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I own the 2016 CAF25SE Cruiser Aire 5er. I went out and measured mine in the building on a concrete floor; mine is level and measures 57 1/2” to bottom of 5er overhang and 46” to the bottom of the hitch plate (plate as it would sit on the Reese tow hitch). Now depending on how much it squats the vehicle down but on a Ram 3500 I would think that would be very little. I don’t own a Ram so I don’t know how it would set up. I own a 2009 Chevrolet 2500HD; my 2500 measures 56” to the top of the rear bed side from the ground. Maybe someone that owns a Ram will respond as far as height. Hope this helps.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:02 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have a Ram 2 wheel drive trailer sets level now a four wheel drive will raise the truck another 4 inches but tis is true on all of the big three
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:28 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks Papa-T,

So I was wondering, If the trailer overhang while in a level positions is 57 1/2" and the bed rail height is 56", that only leaves an inch and a half clearance. Add in some "squat" when hitched. When you tow, does the CAF25SE ride nose high?

I was curious what hitch you have in your truck as well?
Old 01-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

No rides level. There’s plenty of room between the overhang and the truck rails. Here’s a picture of how mine sits. Parked in front of my building.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 68E00ADC-5C39-4C4E-BF67-B98D9F2CA8BA.jpg (238.3 KB, 26 views)

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Old 01-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Very nice setup Papa-T. Hopefully I can get mine that level. I should have done a little more research before buying the 4x4 Ram. The truck sits high in the rear so its been a bit tricky when doing the numbers as far as bed rail clearance and creating a level trailer when towing. If its ok to ask, do you have a slider hitch? do you know how tall it is from your bed floor. I was looking at a pullrite but it sits about 18" tall from the bed floor.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
Site Team

All the new trucks are about the same in bed height off ground. The pin box could be lowered for clearance if there is a problem. Plus, some hitches can be raised, even the Pull Rite slider.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

I have the 15K Reese Kwik-slide. So my rails in the bed of the truck sit 1 1/2” off the bed and my set up my hitch sits 13 1/2” above the rails. So I’m sitting 15” off the bed of the truck. Now I can’t remember how much the truck squats when 5er is sitting on the truck but I know it squats some.