Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2011, 04:18 AM   #1
New Camper

Greetings everyone

DW and I have been camping (RV'ing) for over 30 years graduating from a pop up to an 18 ft bumper pull to a 24 ft bumper pull to a 32 ft fifth wheel - we are now both retired and looking forward to spending more time on the road - last year's 30 day trip from Texas to California with blowouts and mechanical difficulties along the way had us looking for a more reliable RV - after much research and checking many forums, came to the conclusion that Crossroads provided the most bang for the buck while still being able to utilize my 3/4 ton Ram Cummins diesel

Discovering that the best deals could be made at the end of the year, we went to our local Crossroads dealer ( Topper in Waller) to try to find the floorplan that would suit our needs.

Decided on a 2011 325 CK Patriot edition so now can't wait for our maiden voyage when the weather cooperates

I do have some questions that hopefully someone can help with

Has anyone had any problems with the MasterTrack tires that came on the RV ? Internet searches have not been very favorable

The outside storage doors are the new slam type that are on motorhomes but the keys are very difficult to get in the keyholes - any ideas to aid this problem ?

On the 325 CK, when the slides are in, the carpet gets scrunched up in the kitchen - has anyone had a problem with the carpet not laying down at set up ?

Thanks for all your help and looking forward to communicating with everyone

Larry

Old 01-15-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

First off congrats and welcome from a fellow Texan. Most factory tires are junk unless you can find a manufacture that has an upgrade for better quality tires.

If you get a chance come join us at the Texas Rally in Kerrville in March.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:29 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have had the carpets replaced, twice, both times under warranty. We have what Crossroads called the "Lifestyle Lounge" in lieu of the dinette and smaller sofa. The drawers of the sofa would bind against the carpet and the carpet would scrunch up at one end against a wall with the slide retracted. Notice I said "called" because that sofa is no longer an option. Either not enough sold or too many complaints. The sofa is great but the drawer vs carpet problem is costly to repair. Just got it back from a servicing dealer. The drawers now slide freely but the carpet will forever scrunch I guess.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Welcome aboard larry. Can't help with your questions as I don't have that model. Look forward to swapping stories,ideas and fixes with you.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Welcome aboard and happy travels. This is a very informative site.

Have fun

Dennis

cruzr4-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Try some lock spray lude (graphite) had to do that to mine when new on the old TT we wore the keys smooth on the door.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to mlsawmill
Larry, Wecome to the Crossroads site.

Marvin and Gail
Old 01-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum this is a good place for info,and the people are nice here.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

best of luck...welcome to the site.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:44 AM   #10
Site Team

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new rig. I use W-D 40 on the locks with great success.
If that doesn't do it, maybe you will have to buff the rough edges off your keys.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:59 AM   #11
New Camper

Thank you everyone for your responses and comments - looking forward to the communication this forum offers

Old 01-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
Seasonal Camper

Welcome to the family of Crossroads. There are so many stories that can be shared where one can laugh or learn by relating to it!!! Maybe we will met you at the Factory Rally in Aug held in Shipswana Ind. Karen Larry
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #13
Weekend Camper

In my world, the name of the game is weight. I have a Cruiser because it is relatively light for it's size. The problem is making the DW fight for everything that goes into it. I am anal about keeping the weight down. Generally speaking, nothing goes in without something of equal weight coming out. Extra door on cabinets, decorations, appliances all get weighed and each item had better be the lightest possible or it doesn't go. We have ripped a lot of what we consider unnecessaary items out. Theup side is that we have never had tire or suspension problems with any one of our 3 Crossroads trailers and Chinese tires.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #14
Full Time Camper

You might want to come to the Texas Rally in March

Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #15
New Camper

Been checking on tires - appears all ST tires are now made in China - local Discount Tire suggested LT's instead of ST's but they would be 235/85 instead of 235/80 or about 1/2 inch per tire taller - measured the distance between the tires to be 3.5 inches so clearance would be ok - wondering if I would need to get a 235/85 spare also or would the 235/80 work in an emergency until I could replace it with a 235/85

Thoughts ?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #16
Full Time Camper

Larry,

I had 15" USA made Goodyear Marathons installed this summer with a date code that was less than 6 weeks before install date. If you tires are 16" then I would definitely go with LT's in place of the ST's.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:33 AM   #17
Seasonal Camper

My wife and I just purchased the 325ckp in the fall and we're looking forward to our maiden voyage in the spring. I also noticed the carpet bunching up on the kitchen slide. However, the biggest thing that worries me is the electric awning. Its seems that most info online is leaning towards the negative side. Does anyone know if the electric awning has a wind sensor? Is it adjustable for the rain run off? Any interesting experiences with the awning--good or bad?
Thanks

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:47 AM   #18
Seasonal Camper

congrats to our group of Crossroads owners, there is an annual CrossRoads Rally this Aug 5--7 you can find the info on this site on the main page listed under 2011 Crossroads Rally. Follow the site information if you are going to sign up!!!If you can join us & you can get to meet members plus get a factory tour & meet the reps. The Rally contains alot of great information. Hope to see you there!!!! Karen Larry Serantoni
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:02 AM   #19
New Camper

Exciting to hear from someone in Ontario - Fortunately we're close to Houston so we were able to take ours for a maiden voyage a couple of weeks ago - we are experimenting with the carpet by one of us holding it up while the other brings the slide in or both of us holding it up and using the FOB to bring the slide in - i guess only time will tell but seems to me that would be better than having it bunch up - i haven't checked anything online about the electric awning and on the maiden voyage, didn't need it - i did put it out just to make sure it worked - you can tilt a side to angle it for rain run off but don't know about a wind sensor - having fought with regular awnings for years, seems like if there's a chance for high wind, it's so easy to bring the electric awning in, that's what i plan on doing - of course if it's been decorated with patio lights, etc those would have to come off - guess that will just bea figure it out as you go thing

larry

Old 01-30-2011, 04:55 AM   #20
Seasonal Camper

larry: was the FOB part of a fall promo package? Does your have

intellijacks? I know after we bought ours they started shipping them

with the jacks and some other subtle changes but I didn't know about the

fob.
We have already booked our first trip may 1st weekend. Can't wait. Hopefully the snow is gone. Last year on the first weekend of the summer we woke up to snow on the ground and frozen water hoses....

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote