Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Roof peeled back

On my recent trip home the roof on my 5th wheel peel back to the vent. The roof was inspected in May. No issues at the time. The repair shop inspected the roof and said there was no indication that the rubber roof had been glued in any location. He had never seen this happen in 25 years of repair.

I am out of my two year warranty by 3 months and the extended warranty only covers "structural" components. I am hoping my extended warrant will provide some assistance.

Has anyone had this unique experience?
geomahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Contact the roof manufacture also. If it is an ALPHA roof system, here is the website for warranty, Product Care & Warranty - Alpha Systems, LLC

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Check your warranty on that roof it was for 12 years when we bought ours. Just need proof that was inspected.
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I don't think that it is going to do any good to contact the roof manufacturer. The roof was installed at the CrossRoads factory and should have been properly installed there. If the workers on the assembly line did not install it properly then CrossRoads should fix it no matter how long it has been out of warranty.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:31 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

When I first picked up my 05 PP I did notice the peel back after the first trip. Reading the forums back then noted the roof issues and fading decals were common. I had the rood fixed and just as the trailer went out of warranty it pulled back to the vent while driving to AZ. Since I was on the road and needed to get it fixed. I did contact CR but they just refused to help me with the repair. If the rubber is not torn as mine was it should be much cheaper vrs have to replace the front 8 feet.

Driving down the freeways I notice this same problem on some trailers of all brands. I think it is caused by the air flow over the front cap creating a vacuum over the front rubber roof. These folks do not even know until it is to late.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

The roof material is warranted for 12 years by the manufacturer, not the installation. CR is telling me since I am out of my 2 yr warranty they are not going to assist. CR does not require the annual inspection any more, but I had the roof inspected in May. All was tight and water proof.
The CR extended 5 yr warranty is for structural issues only "the cage of the unit". The wood sub-ceiling would have to fail to get help from CR.
I am waiting to see what the repair company finds out. There was no glue on the wood. Can you beat that for a defect.
geomahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:19 PM   #7
TDG
Seasonal Camper

Its the workers not doing there job. The roofs are to be glued down and crossroads does Not know what glue is.
I had to fix mine my self. Since I am full time I couldn't leave it for 2 months to get it repaired

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:31 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

They won't repair the wood sub ceiling either. My unit was 3 years old when the screws worked loose on the edges of the sub ceiling causing the rubber to gap in a two foot section. Nothing we did or didn't do could have cause that problem. It was poor workmanship. I don't expect Crossroads to cover issues that are from normal use but a company that wants customers to buy from them again should take care of issues that fall on them.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:18 PM   #9
TDG
Seasonal Camper

They know that they are only going to sale you one unit so they screw you has much as they can

2013 Jefferson
2006 Chev 3500 DRW
2009 Corvette
Tony & Joanne
Full Time
TDG is offline   Reply With Quote