Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
New Camper

I posted this in the "Thinking About A Crossroads" forum also, but I wanted to share it here also. Hope you don't mind.

<DIV =msg>Crossroads customer service is second to none!!! I have a 2007 Cruiser CF31QB and just took a trip to Indiana Dunes State park from mid-state IN. On our way to the dunes we had a couple of mis-haps. First of all our 4-place Yakima rack broke with only 3 bikes on it and we lost the 3 bikes. We did get them back but the damage is not fixable. Then after we arrived at the campground and went inside our camper we found our TV on the floor. Now to explain, the 2007 model didn't have the flatscreen TV mounted from the factory, there was just a space in the cabinetry above the kitchen sink to put a tube tv in. Yes it was strapped in, but they must have slid off because they were still fastened. On the way to the floor the TV hit the kitchen counter top and broke the counter. Since we were in northern IN anyway I called Crossroads to see if I could buy another counter top. Randy Michler (SP?) called me back within minutes and informed me that they could not only have me a new counter top by Fri, I called on Wed., but they could also work me in to have it installed there at the factory!! I never dreamed that they would install it. I did have to pay for it, obviously, but that isn't the best part. While we were there waiting for our camper to be fixed Randy Neilson came out and talked to us, took us over to the factory where our camper was made and gave us a tour while we were waiting. During the tour we were talking about all of our misfourtune on this trip and then he asked us if we would like a new LCD TV. I thought he was going to offer us a good deal on one so I said yes, then he continued to inform me that they had one that had been installed in a new unit and had come loose in transit to the dealer and got some scratches on it and they had it sitting in the service shop that I could take a look at it and if I wanted it I could have it!!! When I called Crossroads I hoped that I could pick up a new counter top and install it myself when I got home, but they went the extra 10 miles and installed it for me and gave me a new TV, and since they had to remove the stove and sink they pressure tested both gas and water systems, and I had a drawer that had broken that they noticed and they fixed it too, free. I just wanted to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to everyone at Crossroads and let everyone else know what kind of company they are, I can promise that you will never get better customer service than I got that day, they turned a bad trip into an excellent vacation for me and my family!!! Thank you again to anyone from Crossroads that reads this!!

Doug Pyle
firefighter56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

I just hope you sent them some nice Starbucks cards for the excellent service. I really wish other companies would take note. After that type of service Im sure you would buy from them again.

B

1999 Ford Superduty F350 SRW short bed manual trans. Superglide auto slider (18K)

2009 Cruiser 5th 31QB
5mcgehees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I have the modular "life style" lounge with the 4-poles that are notcoated. They are simply steel tubes spun on a lathe which puts a lined finish on them.

Becuase we live in a humid climate the poles get corrosion in area's where skin oils handle the poles. They were replaced once at the factory no questions asked. Well the new ones did the same thing.

I contacted Traffords RV in Conway, NH (my dealer) and agreed to replace with Crossroads under warranty all 4 poles with the finish of my choice. I picked chrome becuase it is much more resistant then bare steel to corrosion. Nice replacements and they fit/look great.

Also, I have 1 small hairline gel coat crack on the cap. Crossroads and Traffords told me to get a quote at any boat shop/body shop and they'll fix on their dime no questions.

Great company.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote