Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 01:48 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Ours drains onto the ground. Shocking really...
Old 08-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #22
Site Team

Have any of you guys with the on the ground drain contacted CR and ask them whats going on?
Why they are making some that way and others are draining into one of the tanks?
Old 08-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #23
New Camper

I just returned from my first trip. I will contact CR tomorrow , I hope they will tell me to bring to the nearest dealer to have them make it right. Otherwise I'll have to get creative and make the proper modifications myself.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:55 PM   #24
Seasonal Camper

If I remember, the shower drain pipe runs right behind the wall separating the kitchen from the interior storage. You might be able to plumb into that. Just not sure there's enough of a drop between the sink drain and that pipe. Not to mention, a full grey tank would allow water to back flow out of the out door kitchen sink.
Eww.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:04 AM   #25
Full Time Camper

Mine has a 'trapless'trap under it then plumbed into the existing piping. Maybe there has been problems with that thing or on yours it is to time consuming to plumb it right ...you know they have to get the trailer off the line as soon as possible.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
Old 08-17-2015, 09:00 AM   #26
New Camper

Same here

We have a 2016 270BH as well. This is no mistake, it is how it is intended/designed. I didn't realize there was a problem really? I only use this sink for rinsing out and filling the dogs bowls and maybe rinsing a glass.

Previous units the sinks didn't pull out so there wasn't that issue of flex. I thought I'd read about there being leak issues on these as well. Maybe that was the easy way of dealing with the leak issue.

For my uses, not a big deal but I could see it causing problems for some.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJ123 View Post
We have a 2016 270BH as well. This is no mistake, it is how it is intended/designed. I didn't realize there was a problem really? I only use this sink for rinsing out and filling the dogs bowls and maybe rinsing a glass.

Previous units the sinks didn't pull out so there wasn't that issue of flex. I thought I'd read about there being leak issues on these as well. Maybe that was the easy way of dealing with the leak issue.

For my uses, not a big deal but I could see it causing problems for some.
I have the same model and I feel the same about this as you CRJ. I only use it to rinse of my hands or a beer glass and I don't see a problem with a little water falling to the ground in the rear of the camper...sometimes a little soapy.

I must add that a 27 gallon grey tank is RIDICULOUS! I empty that thing 3 times over a weekend of camping. So I am glad this sink is not hooked up to it.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:14 AM   #28
Family Vacation Member

I understand how there has to be controls on grey water disposal, but at least for me, the usage of this sink is minimal. Mainly just washing my hands or wetting a rag. Given the trash I see in many campsites in the from of garbage, cigarette butts, etc. I don't see a direct drain as an issue or even as adverse to the environment.
If it is against the law, then it is a design issue with Crossroads.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #29
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmerz View Post
I have the same model and I feel the same about this as you CRJ. I only use it to rinse of my hands or a beer glass and I don't see a problem with a little water falling to the ground in the rear of the camper...sometimes a little soapy.

I must add that a 27 gallon grey tank is RIDICULOUS! I empty that thing 3 times over a weekend of camping. So I am glad this sink is not hooked up to it.
e
Yes, it is terribly small. I was concerned about it going in so it's what I expected. I got an otherwise good deal. Quickly realizing we are "full hookup" campers with this thing. If we go to a state park we can squeak out two nights by watching things but I prefer to not have to pay attention to things!
Old 08-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #30
New Camper

Here is the response I got from Crossroads:

I’m sorry Mark, I cannot give you an honest answer as to why the engineers decided not to plumb it into the gray water tank.

That sink is not plumbed into the gray water tank. The drain for the outside kitchen sink was ran to an evacuation flanged mounted at the rear of the camper. It is designed to have a garden hose attached and drained into a portable tank.

Mark Barker
email: mbarker@crossroadsrv.com
Crossroads Retail Tech Service
260-593-2866
305 Hawpach Dr. Topeka IN 46571
Home - CrossRoads RV Home - Redwood RV :: Full-Time Residential Fifth Wheels
Old 08-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #31
Family Vacation Member

Our sunset trail 25 rb outside kitchen drain goes to grey water, know for certain as it got turned on by mistake one night when we stored or snorkel gear in the kitchen area and it turned the faucet on by mistake awoke to a terrible smell, had backed up into the shower.
and sway bars.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:38 PM   #32
Seasonal Camper

There is so little room under the slide portion of the kitchen, i can see that a trap would fit. I would assume thats why they did it this way. No trap and hooked to the grey would provide a delicious aroma to help your cooking flavor!
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Old 08-23-2015, 05:16 PM   #33
New Camper

So far I only go to full hook up campgrounds. My gray water line is left open therefore I am not concerned of the tank ever getting full. Your tank must of been shot if it backed up into your bathroom area or sinks . I just returned from another short trip I definitely would prefer to have the sink drain into the graywater rather than leaving a cooler or bucket underneath my feet . According to CR they told me my current set up was not accurate and therefore I have an appointment at a local CR dealer after Labor Day. We shall see if they correctly solve my problem.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:33 PM   #34
Site Team

There is a special trap made for rv's. Check here: HepvO 1-1/2" Waterless Trap - Drains & Adapters - Sink & Drain - Plumbing

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 08-23-2015, 07:58 PM   #35
Seasonal Camper

Cool.
Dont think it would fit though. Its long.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Old 08-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #36
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardiman View Post
So far I only go to full hook up campgrounds. My gray water line is left open therefore I am not concerned of the tank ever getting full. Your tank must of been shot if it backed up into your bathroom area or sinks . I just returned from another short trip I definitely would prefer to have the sink drain into the graywater rather than leaving a cooler or bucket underneath my feet . According to CR they told me my current set up was not accurate and therefore I have an appointment at a local CR dealer after Labor Day. We shall see if they correctly solve my problem.
Bacardiman, could you clarify what you mean by your comment that CR said your current set up was not "accurate"? Like you, I was surprised when I traded my previous QB290 in for a 2016 300BH and realized the outdoor sink no longer drained to the grey water tank. I paid the dealer to modify it so it now drains to the tank, but based on your comment, I'm wondering if I should be contacting CR to attempt to get reimbursed.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #37
New Camper

UPDATE: My trailer is currently at the dealer. CR is now stating that New for 2016 the redesigned sink that drains by your feet is correct. This meets "code". i must attach a hose to the end of the drain spout and let it go to the ground.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #38
New Camper

I do not find this design to work well with the campground I have gone to thusfar. I am awaiting a response from CR to see what can be done. I do not wish to invest my own money and time to modify this design flaw. unexceptable on CR's part
Old 09-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #39
Family Vacation Member

Tell them to keep the outdoor sink I can do that with a water basin. That is sad and isn't right.

John and Julie
Dubois, PA
2015 Zinger ZT31SB- 2008 Toyota Tundra
Old 09-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #40
Full Time Camper

Unacceptable!

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Closed Thread

Tags
hose, outdoor kitchen, sink, train