Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #1
New Camper

Talking Purchasing a 2017 264BH this weekend!!

Hey all! Excited to be purchasing a 2017 264BH this weekend and wondering if anyone out there has this model and what your reviews on it are. I didn't see many posts with this model, so I thought I'd start my own thread. This is a step up from a Keystone Summerland Bunkhouse with no slide out. Thanks for all help!!
MsShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:00 AM   #2
Site Team

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum! I'm sure there are some members with the same model as you. The layout is very similar to my 5th wheel except I have a kitchen slide with an island. I love my camper.

2013 Silverado 2500HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2023 Rockwood 2445WS
Buster, miniature Dachshund
2023: 9 trips, 48 nights in 12 states, 2 provinces, 8120 miles
2022: 3 trips, 18 nights in 4 states, 2352 miles
2019: 7 trips, 43 nights in 6 states, 5336 miles
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum from NC. Congrats on the new unit and you will appreciate a slide.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Congratulations on the new camper. Welcome to the forum.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:14 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Welcome from Central MD. Do a thorough PDI and ask to check/take a peak at the roof at the same time. Safe travels
tott9713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:06 PM   #6
New Camper

We just bought one ourselves. Love it so far, will keep you updated
Indianatraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:30 AM   #7
New Camper

Sad to say when we went down and got our camper, there were already plenty of small things wrong with it. Now we have to wait about a month to get it in to get these small things fixed. I hope that after that we don't have problems for a while with this Brand. It would be very sad to have spent so much on something that could have problems! Keep me up to date IndianaTraveler and I'll do the same!
Old 06-27-2017, 11:45 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShocker View Post
Sad to say when we went down and got our camper, there were already plenty of small things wrong with it. Now we have to wait about a month to get it in to get these small things fixed. I hope that after that we don't have problems for a while with this Brand. It would be very sad to have spent so much on something that could have problems! Keep me up to date IndianaTraveler and I'll do the same!
Welcome to the club. Several issues so far with our new 289qb. Luckily I've been able to resolve most myself. However, the latest issue to start is the slide out violently jerking when moving it. Can't remedy this one myself. Its rubbing weird and wearing on the seals and under wrap already only after 4 months...so back to the dealer it goes next week...hasn't been the greatest purchase thus far hope it improves. Crossroads customer service left alot to be desired.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:57 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

For the new owners who have the redesigned look of the sunset trails I advise you to check the rear roof corner seals where they meet the rear wall. My 289qb sealant failed in 4 months from build date and under belley filled with water. Attached pic is of the culprit.

I removed the corner caps, added eternabond to overlap the roof better, a line of butyl tape to fill the gap and corner piece back on with a nice new layer of Dicor all the way along that top molding piece. Dry so far.

Best wishes to you both and safe travels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2791.jpg (185.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-02-2017, 07:58 AM   #10
New Camper

Thanks for the info. I have let my Husband know. It seems the only way to keep it nice and water free is to check all seals and be sure to use the sealant if needed. UGH!
Old 08-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShocker View Post
Thanks for the info. I have let my Husband know. It seems the only way to keep it nice and water free is to check all seals and be sure to use the sealant if needed. UGH!
It is good the check seals after every trip. These trailers get bounced around on the highways and byways and seals can open up anytime even on a brand new unit. I know this through experience. I had my 2011 300BH for two months and after the first trip, I was taking on water around a marker light. Did a whole bunch of damage to an inner wall. The repair would have been $3K (thankfully at the time Crossroads cover it under warranty).

Now I go over the entire unit after every trip. Ounce prevention=Pound cure

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264bh, bunkhouse, outside kitchen, slideout