Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2019, 08:56 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Remote questions

I bought ST March of 19. At the dealer, tech run through there was no mention about a Remote control system, I didn't know a Remote system existed until I chance read about it on this forum. I had found the receiver controller board mounted to the floor, under a drawer located under the Fridge. Would someone post a photo of the remote that communicates with the American Technology Components - Alta Series receiver board? I would like to get a remote clicker and use it on the existing system. Does this system work reliably for most? Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Am Tech Comp receiver-controller board.jpg (228.3 KB, 24 views)
Old 10-22-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Angry

This is the remote that came with our 2012 ST25RB. I personally would go back to dealer & ask them where the remote is that is supposed to come with yours. Since you have the circuit board installed you should probably also have the remote that more than likely came with your RV. Probably an oversight on your dealers part! Happy trails....and good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150608_064301.jpg (126.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20150608_064352.jpg (202.0 KB, 16 views)
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:59 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

My main problem with the remote is its hit and miss behavior. When it starts operating a device like the stabilizers or the slide it sometimes stops and restarts for no apparent reason. With the jacks thats ok but with the slide it can throw the motors out of sync.
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

NEVER use remote for slide operation

I ONLY ever open or close the slide with the inside panel "wired" switches. When we first took delivery, nothing was ever mentioned about operating slides only ALL the way out or ALL the way in....never stopping in between. Being novice owners of a trailer with a slide we opened the slide slightly many times to just clear bathroom entrance, not knowing all along the slides would eventually get messed up. $2,000.00 later having slide mechanism replaced we're a lot wiser now. I only use remote now for awning, & stabilizer jacks. (I removed stabilizer outdoor switches due to the numerous corroding problems when travelling down south in winter with salty slush on roads).
Equal-i-zer hitch
Old 10-22-2019, 01:53 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

My battery in the remote died and never replaced it so use switches for all stuff. For stabilizer switches , I put waterproof junction boxes on the frame and wired the stab switches in side the boxes. For the bathroom entry , I simply reversed the bath door to open in instead of out and can access bathroom with slide in.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I was unaware that the slides must be opened up all the way lest you may have issues with the slides. Do you have more information on this? I certainly dont want to drop $2K on my slides.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesd View Post
I was unaware that the slides must be opened up all the way lest you may have issues with the slides. Do you have more information on this? I certainly dont want to drop $2K on my slides.
Schwintek slides needs the full opening . What do you have ? What yr trailer? Maybe add the yr and model of trailer to your signature....

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:25 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Schwintek slides MUST DO in order to "zero" motors!

I got that info direct from Lippert (Schwintek slide mechanism manufacturer). If you have the "Schwintek" slides, then you definitely need to open fully & close fully the slides....no stopping in between. And don't forget to hold slide button for at least 10 seconds after the slide is fully opened or closed. This will reset the controller counters to "zero" thus syncing up the two motors. The controller or "brain" of the system is usually hidden inside a compartment, or basement. Each revolution of the 2 motors is counted by the controller, and if either motor revolution is any different than the other, the slide will stop during its travel. There are many video's on You Tube demonstrating the Schwintek slide mechanism. The newer slide mechanisms that Crossroads sells have cables. Not sure how they work, it's only for the Schwintek slides you need to fully open or close....then hold slide button for minimum of 10 seconds once slide is fully open or closed. Happy camping, hope this helps. I wish more dealers would include this info whenever they sell RV's with these specific type of slides. You can tell you have a Schwintek slide if you see 2 metal rails on each side of slide, (one upper & one lower slide track, each side).
Equal-i-zer hitch
Old 10-24-2019, 06:29 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Thanks....based on your description I believe I have Schwintek slides....I have a rail at bottom and top. Thanks for the info I will definitely be looking at this closer.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:35 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonemeister View Post
I got that info direct from Lippert (Schwintek slide mechanism manufacturer). If you have the "Schwintek" slides, then you definitely need to open fully & close fully the slides....no stopping in between. And don't forget to hold slide button for at least 10 seconds after the slide is fully opened or closed. This will reset the controller counters to "zero" thus syncing up the two motors. The controller or "brain" of the system is usually hidden inside a compartment, or basement. Each revolution of the 2 motors is counted by the controller, and if either motor revolution is any different than the other, the slide will stop during its travel. There are many video's on You Tube demonstrating the Schwintek slide mechanism. The newer slide mechanisms that Crossroads sells have cables. Not sure how they work, it's only for the Schwintek slides you need to fully open or close....then hold slide button for minimum of 10 seconds once slide is fully open or closed. Happy camping, hope this helps. I wish more dealers would include this info whenever they sell RV's with these specific type of slides. You can tell you have a Schwintek slide if you see 2 metal rails on each side of slide, (one upper & one lower slide track, each side).
Thanks for your detailed help on this type slide. Just bought a Sunset Trail with this type slide and I was not aware of the facts stated in your nice write up.
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:24 PM   #12
Gone Traveling

Factory told us that if the slide goes in a bit crooked the motors need synced. To do this extend the slide 3 to 5 inches & repeat 3-5 times, then be sure to continue to hold the button for 5-10 seconds once it's completely in or out every time.
Also check out the track & motor lubrication video with silicone spray, no grease or oily sprays. Did ours regularly following this procedure with never an issue.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Factory told us that if the slide goes in a bit crooked the motors need synced. To do this extend the slide 3 to 5 inches & repeat 3-5 times, then be sure to continue to hold the button for 5-10 seconds once it's completely in or out every time.
Also check out the track & motor lubrication video with silicone spray, no grease or oily sprays. Did ours regularly following this procedure with never an issue.
We bought a Crossroads RV Sunset Trail Reserve 30MK yesterday. Will be selling the Cougar soon but might have reconsidered if I knew disreputable folks were hanging around here! Bwhahahahaha
Old 10-26-2019, 09:01 PM   #14
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
We bought a Crossroads RV Sunset Trail Reserve 30MK yesterday. Will be selling the Cougar soon but might have reconsidered if I knew disreputable folks were hanging around here! Bwhahahahaha
Yep!
Noticed you jumped ship.
My last 5er was built by Crossroads & a couple years ago they rolled CR under the management of Keystone, so had duel citizenship so to speak.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:02 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Yep!
Noticed you jumped ship.
My last 5er was built by Crossroads & a couple years ago they rolled CR under the management of Keystone, so had duel citizenship so to speak.
Knew that. I contact Keystone customer service a month or two ago with a question and the gal that responded signed email with her name and:

Crossroads Owner Relations
Keystone, Dutchmen & Crossroads

As I got it through the rumor mill, Dutchmen had all their execs canned and Keystone execs took over on a temp basis and just staying in place managing Dutchmen. Dutchman may now be a kind of de facto Keystone wing? I also understand Crossroads RV had some significant shakes ups at the top this past year and their customer support looks like it is under the Keystone umbrella so who knows?