Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #181
Full Time Camper

This for those that may not have gotten the word, one may view some pics of the 2011 Aug Crossroads Rally at this link:

http://stropesontour.shutterfly.com/pictures/37#279

Great times!!

'12 F350(NotShown) / '11 Rushmore 35RL
https://i53.tinypic.com/2qs5cw3.jpg
Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #182
Seasonal Camper

OH MY God Mike, We almost blew the same exit that wasn't clearly marked at the the split for the detour!!!! Larry made the turn at the last minute, and I thought the trailer wasgoing to flip! Well I guess you got more sight seeing in on this trip that wasn't planned. I was glad to see you again, and you're looking Great sokeep up the good work!. Tell Marcia it was a pleasure to meet her too and happy she enjoyed the Rally! Hopefully you'll be able to make it again next year!!! See ya both forthe wine fest, at Starved Rock!Karen
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #183
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Had a great time, awesome food and super activities. My first time attending and hoping I can make more in the future. Was good to be able to put faces with names.

I've posted some pics at http://www.tgifrv.com/nggallery/page...-8/gallery-36/ I believe I got a photo of every rig that attended.

Edited by: hhh

'11 CF285RL Patriot - '08 GMC 3500HD D/A CC LB Dually - Yamaha Zuma 125

tgif: let's RV
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #184
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Just updated my blog with a rally report.

http://www.tgifrv.com/2011/08/2011-c...factory-rally/

Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #185
Family Vacation Member

hhh - Couldn't make it to the rally this year so really enjoyed your excellent report and photos. I seem to always want to make some kind of modifications and can't remember what the interior walls were made of or the structure....your photos answered that very well.
I know that the factory tour also includes showing off their very latest upgrades. Did you take any photos of them or could you update us all on what is the latest mods from the factory?
Thanks
Ken

2012 Cruiser CF325CKP

2010 Ford F-350 6.4 SB 4wd

W0CSC

Semper Fi 59-63
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:55 AM   #186
Family Vacation Member

It was our first C.R Rally and we had a blast.
We would like to thank everyone for the good time and friendship.
Here are some pictures
http://picasaweb.google.com/rvsummer...eat=directlink

Edited by: danshula

CF29CK 2006

F-350 2006

https://danyshula.blogspot.com//
danyshula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:28 AM   #187
Seasonal Camper

This was also our first rally and there will be many more to come. We had a blast and really enjoyed meeting everyone....even Tom, LOL. Thanks for all your helpLarry and Karen with answering all our questions being that we were newbies at the rally!

It was a fun time for all that attended as far as I could tell. It sure is nice to see a smiling face around every corner, and thats what we had at the rally, not a frown in sight!

We dont have any pictures because we forgot our camera at home. Next time though we will be prepared.

2003 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Edition 4X4

2004 Crossroads Cruiser CT30RL
fixit5561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:40 AM   #188
Seasonal Camper

glad you both enjoyed this Rally this was the largest with the attendance the more the merrier! look for post on the Rally as people will be posting a link you can follow to see their pictures that were taken!!! It will take a while for me to post mine!!!! Keep in touch!!! KAren
Old 08-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #189
New Camper

We got home just before 10pm last night. Long drive, but so worth it! We had a blast meeting so many wonderful people. Lots of info, great food, great shopping, and good times. Can't wait for next year!

Dave and Darlene
wishiwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #190
Full Time Camper

Sitting across the road from the Crossroads factory shop, tomarrow will get it in early for a few issues, then points north and east. BTW, I saw the little Amish girl that had the wild horse ride, today at the campground, cannot remember her name. Anyway, she had broken her wrist, had a cast from wrist to elbow but seems to be doing well. Her brother said he drove the horse this am and thepony is fine as well. He also said to tell everyone that his dad and the family said THANKS to all!!
Already have a site booked for next year!!
""""AIRBORNE""""

Old 08-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #191
hhh
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by calliopeguy

hhh - Couldn't make it to the rally this year so really enjoyed your excellent report and photos. I seem to always want to make some kind of modifications and can't remember what the interior walls were made of or the structure....your photos answered that very well.
I know that the factory tour also includes showing off their very latest upgrades. Did you take any photos of them or could you update us all on what is the latest mods from the factory?
Thanks
Ken
The biggest thing that I seen was that all Crossroads models that use the aluminum framing will now be welded instead of screwed. During the tour some framing was still screwed while other frames were welded.... not fully converted yet.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #192
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruck
Sitting across the road from the Crossroads factory shop, tomarrow will get it in early for a few issues, then points north and east. BTW, I saw the little Amish girl that had the wild horse ride, today at the campground, cannot remember her name. Anyway, she had broken her wrist, had a cast from wrist to elbow but seems to be doing well. Her brother said he drove the horse this am and thepony is fine as well. He also said to tell everyone that his dad and the family said THANKS to all!!

Already have a site booked for next year!!

""""AIRBORNE""""

Thanks for the update Ruck,

Thats great that she is alright, sucks to have a cast, and that she did break it, but that will heal in time.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #193
Seasonal Camper

hank, I noticed you missed a pic of the SOB's trailer?? Was that intentional? Hahaha

Does anyone know how much money we raised for the little girl?

Anyway, Just got in this afternoon and after almost 1200 miles round trip we asked ourselves "was it worth it?" MOST DEFINITELY!! A great bunch of people and a great time!!

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #194
Family Vacation Member

Sorry it took me so long to post! We just got home. In the end their was $557.00 collected for Kayanna. She called us today to say that everything was OK and she was very thankful for the thought of everyone. When Sue and I went to Homer and Wilma and gave them the cards and envelope they were in tears to see that we would do this for them. They are very thankful and did not have words to explain how they felt. I will keep everyone posted on her recovery, they say 4 weeks.
Again thank you all for what you have done to help out a truely grateful family.

Rob

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #195
Full Time Camper

Rob, thanks for the update on our camping neighbors and glad you had a safe trip home. Yep, another GREAT year and the WIFE and I are already making plans for next years rally. See you all on the forums until then...

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #196
Seasonal Camper

So glad to hear that Kayanna is better! 4 weeks so does that mean her wrist was broken or just a sprane? It was wonderful that we could chip in for her medical bills a big thanks to all! Hope cindy is feeling better too!!!! thanks for keeping us informed! glad you're home safe too! Karen & Larry!Zoe say's hi to you allas well. I'm posting picture soon on the forum with a link!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #197
Family Vacation Member

Thanks to Denny and the Crossroads crew for a fantastic rally. Everything about the rally was top notch. And the food, wow. And to Randy for taking care of all my concerns with my rig. I couldn't be happier with his assistance. Hope to see everyone there next year.
**Mason-Dixon Bunch**
CruiserJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #198
Full Time Camper

Had rig worked on pretty much all day Tues, was going to leave after, but determined it was too late, so stayed across the street again.
Wow, talk about efficiency, these guys are good! Customer service heads above the rest, hands down. And I let them know too. A mini-breaker had blown, kept the stab Jacks from working, got a new switch and motor out of the deal. Heading out this am, see y'all next year, or maybe in between somewhere! Be safe!
""""" AIRBORNE '''''

Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #199
Weekend Camper

Hello: There was a lot of talk about Emergency services charging the little girls who were injured during the horse buggy accident on 08/06/2011. See below the reply I recieved from the Shipshewanna Fire Chief. I did not want to say anything until I spoke toFire Chief to confirm there will be no bill sent to the young ladies becauseof 911 being called. It is not normal but is happening more and more throughout the country.

This being said it was nice that people stepped up and gave money to go towards the medical care of the arm.

EMERGENCY SERVICES WILL NOT CHARGE FOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE IN SHIPSHEWANNA: <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 9:33 PM
To: Robert Hatfield
Subject: August 6, 2011

Robert,

Thank you for the compliment on the service provided by Fire/EMS it is appreciated. We do not charge for runs in which the patient or patients refuse transport, so the Amish family should not have received any invoice on this run. Also unfortunately I do not have any updated information on either one of the girls. Also thanks for your help in the situation.

Thanks Chad Miller Fire Chief.

Married 1987

Daughter Brianna 17

Son James Don 11

Lillie (www.givensblackmouthcur.com)[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

Sunset Trail ST29SS
rhatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #200
Seasonal Camper

I bet the father didnt know that at the time when he was talking to Rob, and that it isa great relief to him that he wont have to pay for the services that cameto his house.

Now the bill for the hospital, to put on the cast she has,probably wont be so lucky there. Edited by: fixit5561