Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #81
Seasonal Camper

that happened to us a couple of years ago, and finally the check was cashed just before the rally. hopefully the rally will be a great one and maybe we'll have a new cordinator. PS have you tried calling him on his cell????
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #82
Seasonal Camper

Here Here! we are also veryexcited to attend the rally again this year however many of us have been attending for several years now (5) yrs for us, and we would like to see this rally better managed or cordinated. I do understand that there are new new reps who have taken over old reps positionsthat we were filmilar beforewith in the past,so this is a new frontier for them. We don't want them overwhelmed, but well informed on how we would like to see the rally from now on!!!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #83
Family Vacation Member

We had offered to assist/ take it overlast year but that did not happen. I also think that things need to change. I would think that this is a majority thing, what do people want to happen. Denny has done a great job in the past and I do not want people to forget that. Things may have changed and he is now too busy, just do not know.Edited by: RSCREES

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #84
Site Team

I think I detect a hint of discontent among the troops.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #85
Seasonal Camper

I'm sure everything wil work out!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #86
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Lloyd,
I do hope you are wrong! This is our first rally and yesterday I spent a bit of money having some very aged WI cheddar and summer sausage shipped to the campsite for the Thursday night pot luck pass around. I'm sure there will be enough people that will show up to enjoy it...at least I hope so. I would like this to be a memorable occasion for us and I have been so looking forward to meeting everyone and looking at some of the mods and how they've been accomplished. I have wanted to do quite a few but have hesitated because I'm not perfectly sure how to do it. Seeing or as they say "a picture is worth a thousand words"

Thanks,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #87
Seasonal Camper

Everyone needs to stay positive , and there are always funtions that have some quirks they just need to be worked out. Ps I'm looking forward to the cheese & summe sausage by the way!! we'll all have a good time not matter what!
Old 07-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #88
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator447

Lloyd,
I do hope you are wrong! This is our first rally and yesterday I spent a bit of money having some very aged WI cheddar and summer sausage shipped to the campsite for the Thursday night pot luck pass around. I'm sure there will be enough people that will show up to enjoy it...at least I hope so. I would like this to be a memorable occasion for us and I have been so looking forward to meeting everyone and looking at some of the mods and how they've been accomplished. I have wanted to do quite a few but have hesitated because I'm not perfectly sure how to do it. Seeing or as they say "a picture is worth a thousand words"

Thanks,
Jim
Jim
I didn't mean to cause you any anxiety. I feel sure you will have a great time, and so will most everyone else. Rallies are a great place to meet people with the same interests that we have. To share ideas and "mods", and a lot of BS. The camaraderie should be tremendous. I'm also sure, your good cheese will be gone in the blink of an eye.
But, as far as being wrong in what I stated, I don't think so.
CR should take a look at how everyone is feeling about the lack of response/no response at all, from the person they have in charge now, and take appropriate action to correct the situation before next year.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #89
Full Time Camper

We will be there sometime late tuesday night and staying through to Monday. I will most likely whip up a batch of cobbler for the Thursday night pot-luck. Rest assured...once the rally gets rolling things will be fine....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #90
Seasonal Camper

We will be glad to see you, and hopefully Kay too!! As always enjoying the cherry cobbler!!! Ps Im sure everything is going to work out it always does. Ps if you have a Bag-o-game board Please bing it if you can!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #91
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Thanks Gossamar we will be arriving Tuesday as well...on Thursday I have to take my wife back to Oak Park, IL to have her bionic shoulder checked by her surgeon, but we should be home in time for dinner. Cobbler sounds nice, I am having Sausage and Cheese from WI shipped there, hope you like that.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #92
Seasonal Camper

I don't mean to add wood to the fire.... but... I sent Denny a PM last spring (2011) regarding the 2011 rally and I just got an email last week that he had read it (over a year late...)
On a better topic, we will be attending the pass a dish... any ideas on what we should bring? I would suggest dessert... but no one will even notice our dessert if theres cobbler

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #93
Seasonal Camper

Last year we had many side dishes so a dessert would be fine.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #94
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
I think I detect a hint of discontent among the troops.

Us...not discontent...just anxious. This is our first rally and first "real" trip in our CR Zinger. We seasonal camp most of the time (beats paying to store it!).

We are sure everything will be fine and this should be a great trip...now if only gas would drop...

Edit: See y'all on Friday the 27th!

Edited by: ewbldavis
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #95
Weekend Camper

CrossRoads Marketing here -As many of you know, we're had some personnel changes at CrossRoads, but our new folks are anxious to meet you. Here's what we have planned for the Rally:

- We'll host tours of the factory at 9am and 10am on Saturday the 28th. (Please wear close-toed shoes.)

- We'll have pizza delivered to the campgrounds between 12:30 and 1pm.

- Our folks will be on hand for a little informal Q& A during the pizza lunch

- There will be a drawing for prizes for those present during the lunch

Based on units booked in to the campgrounds, we are unlikely to need a tent and can use the picnic shelter at the campgrounds. We'll make sure it's available.

Thank you for your loyalty to CrossRoads and we look forward to seeing you at the Rally.

forum@crossroadsrv.com
crossroadsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #96
Family Vacation Member

Can't wait to go! Ended up having to cancel the last couple of weekend trips, so this will be the first time out since mid-May. think I will go polish up the bean bag toss game boards! see everyone in a couple weeks! I'll be the one taking 20 minutes to back in since I am so out of practice now.... just avert your eyes andplug your little ones ears ... then come by for a beer and a laugh whenits all over....

Old 07-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #97
Seasonal Camper

You are funny it always takes a few time to get back in the swing. We all are looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting new friends to!!! If you have an exra Bag-o-game please bring it Okay!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #98
Family Vacation Member

Am I missing something here? What happened to the Amish meals we were enticed with. My stomach was wondering!
Cooper the Golden Retriever, and
Sam the black lab.
CampMacKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #99
Family Vacation Member

The Amish meals are done by the rally organizer not put on by Crossroads. There will still be the great Amishfood. I will see what information on timings and will post later this week with the information.

Rob,Sue&Cyndi

2008 Dodge 3500 6.7
RSCREES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #100
Weekend Camper

CrossRoads Marketing here -

Several of you have contacted us in regards to CrossRaods participation being different than in the past. It will be - we have more and new staff who are happy to do tours at 9am and 10am on Saturday as well as spend time over lunch with owners and fans of the CrossRoad products.

Next year our participation will also be different as we plan to be more engaged with the planning process for the rally.

We look forward to seeing you July 28th!

forum@crossroadsrv.com
crossroadsrv is offline   Reply With Quote