Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Full time RVing

An update :

My wife and I are enjoying our new RV so much we are going to do something crazy! We just got done talking to a realistate agent and are putting our house up for sale. Full time RV here we come.

We still will have to work but we found a beautiful RV park for long term tenants not far from us. We figure by selling the house and paying off all our debt along with saving for the next 10 years, we will be set to travel the country and retire. Yep a 10 year plan.. Can't wait!!! Are we crazy? Signed the papers with the agent today to list our home.
PrestonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Livin the dream...most excellent!!

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #3
Site Team

The wife and i have talked about this but we think we would keep the house. With future possible health and not being able to travel we decided for us we would not like to have to find a house and possibly have to try to find financing at that age. Our thought is to travel then be able to return home when we want. We have children that could take care of the house for us. We think this would work for us but everyone's situation is different so do what works for you.

The main thing is enjoy this time on earth while we are here.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:15 PM   #4
Site Team

Preston, you will be the envy of a lot of people here on the forum.
Some years back I started a thread on retirement. There was a lot of interest and posts on it.

Now keep it in mind I'm not trying to throw any water on your plans. I'm going to put up the link to that thread so you and anyone else that is interested can read it. Maybe it will provide another way of looking at the subject.
What ever you do, I wish you the best of luck, and a ton of happiness.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ement-408.html
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:36 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

We been full timing for the last 10 years. Just semi retired in January. At age 62. Life is great. Work 6 hours a day in the summer, 5 hours in the winter. Working at the RV park we stay at. After working 10 hours a day, for the 28 years. Enjoy your new life style. We do.
Gary & Susan
Ruby & Jade. English Springer Spaniels
Ramn4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:35 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

We retired in early '07 and hit the road for 12 years, never staying in one place more than a month at a time. Wouldn't trade the experiences for anything. We're still going, but now have a Home Base and only travel a few months at a time.

"Hitch Itch" is an incurable disease. once you get it, it never goes away, no matter how old you get.

Full Time 12 Years
First RV in 1980

Semper Fi 63-69
hollardawg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Another update:

Our house sold 3 weeks after listing. We have been working on loading the cruiser aire with what we plan to keep and the rest we will have an estate sale.

We also decided since we were going full time this trailer was not enough so we ordered a Montana and will be picking it up last week of October or 1st week of November.

Eating late lunch right now with my wife so will stop for now and update you further later today. Thinking of making a YouTube channel of our process and adventures but that’s just a thought right now.

Until later. Happy camping!!
Old 10-06-2019, 04:14 PM   #8
Site Team

If you do make a YouTube Chanel let us know so we can tune in to your adventures. Enjoy your Montana.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:10 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Will do. Sold our couch shortly after my last post. That’s the first big piece of furniture to leave the house. Reality is slowly setting in that their is no turning back now. It’s really scary and yet so exciting at the same time.

We close on the 28th of October and the buyers are hoping we will be out by that day. So so much to do. We took our Cruiser Aire out the the RV park we chose as a home base not to far from our current home and have move most of what we think we can live on over.

The New RV will not be in until the last week of October or the first week in November. I bought the ToGo LTE antenna with the unlimited data for 360 per year as a start. My wife and I are getting two new computers for our moving in gift to each other.

I just can’t decide between the new iMac or a Windows 10 pc. Will decide on that later lol. Least of worries at this point.

We are not retired I am 51 and my wife is $& lol. Staying out of trouble on that one. We will be working during all of this but plan to move work to home in the next few years.

Speaking of that I need to get ready for work. Fill you in more as we get closer to our closing date. Will post pictures soon.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:07 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I've been told that once the house and stuff is gone that you will feel totally liberated.
I envy you both!
Old 10-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper Dave View Post
I've been told that once the house and stuff is gone that you will feel totally liberated.
I envy you both!
Will let you know lol... I know we will.. We are very excited!
Old 10-07-2019, 12:07 PM   #12
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper Dave View Post
I envy you both!
We definitely did!
Went fulltime on July 1 '08, did so for just over 10 years & have just recently settled back down in a RV resort modular home which still feels as if we stopped in our RV for an extended stay, sold 5th wheel & truck. Can't think of one thing I do differently except start sooner.
We had family members & several friends tell us we were nuts, but once you get out on the road you'll find that there's an awful lot of folks doing it. We've met so many great folks that we met up with at several locations & still stay in touch with.
If you're able I highly recommend the experience!
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
We definitely did!
Went fulltime on July 1 '08, did so for just over 10 years & have just recently settled back down in a RV resort modular home which still feels as if we stopped in our RV for an extended stay, sold 5th wheel & truck. Can't think of one thing I do differently except start sooner.
We had family members & several friends tell us we were nuts, but once you get out on the road you'll find that there's an awful lot of folks doing it. We've met so many great folks that we met up with at several locations & still stay in touch with.
If you're able I highly recommend the experience!
Will be a little while before we can hit the road per say. We will be camping at some of the state parks around here local for a bit till we can break free. Found a nice RV park to call home until then.

The sale of the house will pay off everything accept the trailer and my truck. We will be knocking a decent chunk off of those too but not enough to break free yet. Once we get those paid for its off to the wild blue yonder