Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2009, 03:35 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I was talking to some friends about snowbirding, and how great it must be to escape the cold. And we came up with a question:

Do Snowbirds that go to the same campground/resort each winter celebrate when they re-unite?

If so, are any campgrounds well known for their celebrations?

Melissa Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

yes we do have great parties . my wife and i have been going to florida for about 6 years now to the same place , it is just 10 miles north of tampa , clearwater .

as a mater of fact we left home in the midle of oct. put the trailer on our spot in the campground then we left and went on a boat cruise to the bahamas .

then came back to the campground for a great week end closed the trailer up and drove home to ontario canada .

then after christmas all we have to do is drive my truck back down and enjoy the warm weather till april ......... that is how we do it,we just love it

my snow shovel is parked in the shed peter

https://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...2005zinger.jpg
vanhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

It is great, you get to meet many new friends that you keep in touch with over the year. At times you plan a rendezvous and have a wonderful get together and split up again to head off to individual destinations.

For those those that return to the same locations, it is like a big home coming. The social life for the Snowbirds tends to be much more active than the home social life.Most of the campgrounds that cater to Snowbirds (Arizona, Texas, Mexico, Florida) have ample programs and facilities that encourage social function.
https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...aravan07-2.gif
pegger is offline   Reply With Quote