Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
New Camper

Unhappy Electrical Problems

I recently had our refrigerator cooling unit replaced now I have electrical problems. Purchased a new battery; now the lights are dim, the slides will not retract, nor will the refrigerator work on butane. the new battery drained overnight; what could be the problem. I have a 1970 Country Road Paradise. If anyone can tell me what is wrong I would appreciate it. You may send e-mail to FloodJrlBmnt@aol.com. I want to leave and go, but this problem is preventing me from doing so. HELP!!!
LeoPFlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
Site Team

Is the battery connected correctly??? If you reverse poles it could cause major problems.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Also check the 40 amp fuse in the converter
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

On a rig that old, I would suspect the converter has died. You might have to have an electrical expert check the converter output.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:55 AM   #5
New Camper

Where is the converter on a Cross Road Paradise Pointe 2007? I've looked, but cannot find the one that looks like the one that I was sold.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

On mine it is behind the fuse panel
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:17 AM   #7
New Camper

This is the actions I've taken, but still cannot locate the converter. "I look behind the panel, but there is nothing. I pull the cover off under the refrigerator and I see a large aluminum box, but it does not look like the one I was provided. I am truly baffled." Send your answer to FloodJrlBmnt@aol.com. Thank you to all that assist.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:19 AM   #8
New Camper

Is there a way to manually retract the slides? Since my electrical system cannot operate them I want to retract them so I can move this rig to a service center??????
Old 06-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoPFlood View Post
Is there a way to manually retract the slides? Since my electrical system cannot operate them I want to retract them so I can move this rig to a service center??????

Try this.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:41 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

On my 05 PP it is on the right storage compartment. Look in the upper left and it is a gray box with a fan. The fuse is located on the bottom of the converter. If the battery is draining over night it sure sounds like there is short someplace in the system as the battery should last a couple of days.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim D View Post

If he has a 2007 PP, I don't think it has Schwintek slide.
More then likely the rack and pinion.

If that's the case there should be a small hole in the opposite side of the trailer across from the slide. (toward the bottom) You should have a crank/shaft with a slot on the end that goes in there for manually retracting the slide.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

Yes there should be a socket wrench that is attached to it. Depending on where the slides are, on the other side of the unit from the slide there will be a hole where this fits, slide that tool in there and crank the unit in by hand. The end for the bed room slide is under the bed pick up the bed, and you will see the box there. My other suggestion is get a trickle battery charger put it on the battery and charge it up.. Or hook up the trailer wire to your truck, and many time that will allow you to bring in the slide, keep the truck running when you do this....Good luck1
Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
If he has a 2007 PP, I don't think it has Swinek slide
Yep you are right Lloyd, Is the snow gone yet
Old 06-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #14
New Camper

Wow; I do appreciate this site; I am getting good information from other RVers. I could not ask for better information; now I just have to get my assistant to assist in carrying out these suggestion since I am disabled and cannot carry out these suggestions alone. Thank all of you, but continue to provide information on my electrical problem. I still cannot locate the converter.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #15
Site Team

I might be wrong, but I find it hard to believe the convertor isn't behind the breaker panel.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #16
Family Vacation Member

I can't say where the converter is on an 07 PP but on our 05 Silverado, it is on the wall of the cargo space. These units were very similar in 05!
carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #17
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
There should be a crank for manual slide operation which will insert thru a hole in the slide's side. There probably is a small plastic lift or slide cap to conceal the hole. The crank was supplied with the units when originally purchased new.
carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #18
Weekend Camper

Quote:
This is the actions I've taken, but still cannot locate the converter. "I look behind the panel, but there is nothing. I pull the cover off under the refrigerator and I see a large aluminum box, but it does not look like the one I was provided. I am truly baffled." Send your answer to FloodJrlBmnt@aol.com. Thank you to all that assist.
right where your cord comes in the converter can be there except 5th wheels. The box is brown and humms and has a small fan in it. There is a circut board in there have it tested if your not sure, don't tamper with it, there are exposed 110 ac lugs inside