Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
New Camper

Rear Stabilizer Question

I have a Crossroads Elevation 3612 toyhauler and I had my 5 y.o. son raising the rear stabilizer prior to campsite departure yesterday (I know, not the smartest move, but the little guy likes to help...). Anyways, I got busy putting things away, and forgot to keep an eye on him and tell him when to stop raising the stabilizer. When I went back to try and extend the stabilizer it is not working (extend or retract). He told me he let go of the button as soon as the jacks reached the top, but I'm worried he had the motor cranking while they were completely raised. I was wondering if there is a fuse anywhere for the stabilizer, and if so where it is located. If not, I'm afraid the motor may be shot. Any ideas/suggestions to help me with my bone head mistake would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben
ogrejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
New Camper

Lippert Stabilizer Jack

So I have since found the wiring diagram for the Lippert Electric Rear Stabilizer Jack- which shows that there is a 6A Auto Reset Breaker and a 20A Fuse inbetween the switch and the battery...but I haven't been able to find where they are located on my rig...any ideas?
Old 07-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrejones View Post
So I have since found the wiring diagram for the Lippert Electric Rear Stabilizer Jack- which shows that there is a 6A Auto Reset Breaker and a 20A Fuse inbetween the switch and the battery...but I haven't been able to find where they are located on my rig...any ideas?
Have you looked within a few feet of the battery? Seems to me there was a thread on here somewhere about this.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrejones View Post
I have a Crossroads Elevation 3612 toyhauler and I had my 5 y.o. son raising the rear stabilizer prior to campsite departure yesterday (I know, not the smartest move, but the little guy likes to help...). Anyways, I got busy putting things away, and forgot to keep an eye on him and tell him when to stop raising the stabilizer. When I went back to try and extend the stabilizer it is not working (extend or retract). He told me he let go of the button as soon as the jacks reached the top, but I'm worried he had the motor cranking while they were completely raised. I was wondering if there is a fuse anywhere for the stabilizer, and if so where it is located. If not, I'm afraid the motor may be shot. Any ideas/suggestions to help me with my bone head mistake would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben
I can't say for the Elevation toy hauler, but I used to own a Cardinal Blue Ridge fiver with electric rear stabilizers. It had a bundle of fuses in the very front compartment under the nose near the battery. Some of the fuse holders were wrapped in electric tape and it just looked like a badly done bundle of wiring. However, in that bundle of wiring were fuses, one of which went to the rear stabilizers. I had to replace it a couple of times over the course of the 2 years I owned it due to running the jacks too far up. I'd be willing to bet that's your problem, but you'll just have to look until you find the blown fuse.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #5
New Camper

Thanks for the replies. I've been looking all around the battery compartment...even pulled off the compartment divider that hides where my converter is located, and I can't find any extra fuses. I may have to call Crossroads and see if they can fill me in on where it is hiding.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:05 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Have you checked under the tv where the circuit breakers are? That is where the AC breakers are located as well as the 12 volt fuses. When I say under the tv, I am referring to the wall that the tv is on between the the 2 sets of steps going up to bedroom and bathroom close to the floor.

Also, be aware the rocker switch on my 3612 has been known to stick before. I believe that the motor got hit and tripped its internal thermal breaker. If that is the case it will reset when it cools down.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #7
New Camper

2wheelglider- I had checked the fuse/breaker box, but it is not located there. Unfortunately I never found the 20A fuse that runs between the motor and the battery, but I checked the motor leads today and I have power at the motor, but it's not running. Guess I should have done this before starting a wild goose chase for the missing fuse...but I was sure hoping for a cheap fix. Looks like I fried a $300 motor.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:11 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I think its near the switch ,look under u should see it.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

the 20amp self resetting thermal breakers are screwed to the trailer frame, near the battery, or near the stabilizer motor. one for each motor. they look like terminal blocks. follow the motor wire to the switch and you should find it bolted to the trailer frame.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote

« Slide | Great RV's! »