Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

is there a way to get tv volume through suround sound systom
capecod cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I haven't found any way on our sound system. The only time the Surround sound works is when we play a DVD in the player. Then it just about blows you out of the trailer. The radio only uses 2 speakers on AM & FM.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

ILL HAVE TO SIT CLOSER TO THE TV SET I GUESS
Old 05-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

On the back of my factory install radio there was audio in rca jacks for plugging in accessories. Had to pull out the radio to see the connections on the back.

And when i bought my TV i made sure the tv came with audio out connections. I had to pick and choose my tv. My LCD tv is a samsung or sanyo. Only one i could find that had it in a 26". I ran audio wires from the tv to the factory radio.. So anything playing through the tv would be broadcasted through the radio and its house speakers..

I can amp the sound playing dvd movies or just watching dish network satellite tv. Everything that the tv plays the radio will broadcast.

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

danskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

X2 on the inputs hiddenbehind the stereo unit. I went from the sat receiver to these inputs.

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

ditto on the inputs on the back of the receiver.
**Mason-Dixon Bunch**
CruiserJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

will give it a shot thanks all
Old 05-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Here's how I did it:

Pull your stereo system from the cabinet. It's only held in by 4 screws, so it's pretty easy, and the stereo is very light.

Coming out ofthe back ofthe stereo unit should be a cable with three unused RCA-type plugs on it -- red, yellow and white. (There are about a million other cables behind your stereo, too, so be gentle.) The cable you want probably has a paper tag on it that says something like "AUX"on it. Take a new cable with three RCA plugs on either end and plug one set of 'em into that cable coming out of the back of your stereo system. Then just run that cable up to your TV and plug the other end of that new cable into the appropriate output jacks on back of TV. (You probably will NOT need to connect one of the cables tothe "video out" jack on the back of your TV, since you're not running video signal thru the stereo system -- just sound) You will have to have your stereo system'sinput set to AUX1 or AUX2 to hear the TV through the stereo system. There may be more than one set of output jacks on the back of your TV. If that's the case, you may have to move the cables from one set of jacks to another to get the sound from the TV to your stereo system.

We went a step farther. Since the factory-installed stereo doesn't play blu-ray disks, we bought a blu-ray player, ran cables fromthat up to the TV and now we can play either blu-ray or regular DVDs in our system, all with stereo sound.The OEM stereo in the trailer only plays regular DVDs.

and Aggie the Gordon setter

Twin Cities

2011 Cruiser Patriot 325CK

2011 Ram 2500 diesel
dbuster is offline   Reply With Quote