Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2019, 09:16 AM   #1
New Camper

Tire blew out

Hi everyone. My rear tire on my 2010 Cruiser 30 SK blew out while on the highway this past week causing damage to the fender skirt and the long panel that skirts the bottom from the end of the trailer to the side door. Anybody have any suggestions as to where I could get a hold of these parts at a reasonable price? Thanks.
ilikeyourthinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Was it the China bomb tires?

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I see you’re from Manitoba. Try icondirect.ca. I saw they had fender skirts when I ordered my skylight from them. Based out of Winkler.
660catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:25 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

thinking
You might have to have an auto body shop make the long panel that was damaged...I'm pretty sure it can't be ordered from CR...The fender skirt can be ordered from several companies on the inter-net...good luck with your repairs....
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:40 AM   #5
Site Team

I got a fender skirt for my 05 from E bay. The lower piece of skin is just aluminum that has a curve. You might try a rv body shop. They would have it in a roll and would bend it to the correct shape. Just curious what did your insurance say? Parts and labor would be well above my deductible.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:06 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:18 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Must be out camping lol
Old 08-29-2019, 02:15 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

I got one for my 2007 CF30SK from these folks:
https://www.icondirect.com/cruiser-5...skirts-fs1799/
Wasn’t cheap ($150) but it fit just fine.
cliffw42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:33 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

We had a blow out that did about the same damage but we needed a new rim as well. We turned it into our insurance as it was $2500 parts and labor. We were very pleased with the work.
Ron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:36 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Good luck! The same thing happened to us.
We went through an RV repair shop & it
took months to get the parts. They were the
wrong color and had to be reordered. In all it took
about 3 months.
Patsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:25 PM   #11
New Camper

Hi everyone, thank-you for all your help, it was much appreciated. The deductible on my R.V. is $500 dollars. The j-wrap and fender flare total comes to roughly $400 dollars if I order the parts through icondirect.ca and install myself. I will have to drive approximately 120 miles to pick the parts up, spending about $25. dollars on gas(to ship would cost $40.) Now.. should I go through our insurance company, filing a claim and pay the deductible to have the local R.V. dealer order and install everything or do it myself? After seeing it written down I might be leaning towards paying the deductible as long as I don't get any demerits on my licence.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:32 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

Same happened to me and Geico paid the claim. I was then assessed a collision on my Insurance so I called Geico and had them send me a "letter of Experience" which states that the claim was a NON collision so as not to affect my future rates.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:17 AM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeyourthinking View Post
Hi everyone, thank-you for all your help, it was much appreciated. The deductible on my R.V. is $500 dollars. The j-wrap and fender flare total comes to roughly $400 dollars if I order the parts through icondirect.ca and install myself. I will have to drive approximately 120 miles to pick the parts up, spending about $25. dollars on gas(to ship would cost $40.) Now.. should I go through our insurance company, filing a claim and pay the deductible to have the local R.V. dealer order and install everything or do it myself? After seeing it written down I might be leaning towards paying the deductible as long as I don't get any demerits on my licence.

That’s a good question whether MPI would ding you for that “accident”. I would call them and confirm that.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #14
New Camper

Just got off the phone with Manitoba Public Insurance and there would be no demerits assessed. Now thinking I will take it in to get an estimate as they might find other damage that I'm not aware of. Have a great long weekend everyone.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #15
Seasonal Camper

[emoji106]
Old 09-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #16
New Camper

Long panel replacement.

I lost a tire several years ago on my 09 Crossroads Cruiser TT. Took out my fender skirt as well as the aluminum panel, and furnace has line. Was able to go to my local dealer and they ordered it from CR. about $100.00 for a 10 foot piece with the proper bend. Was an easy replacement, just pull the trim, then remove the panel. Color was off slightly, but for a total repair cost of around $300. I was happy.

Ken
Ft. Wayne IN.
09 Crossroads Cruiser TT
18 F150 XLT.
kclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #17
Weekend Camper

Sounds as though you did much better than we did.
The good news is we’re able to use it now.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:33 AM   #18
Gone Traveling

It happened with the SUV that we use for towing. We found tyres at affordable prices at here alltyres365.co.uk/4x4-suv/ but they were only shipping to the UK and few other European countries. Later, we managed to get an entire set of 4 SUV tyres from a local store of Goodyear but if you are living in UK or countries like Spain, Italy, Germany etc then you can consider this reseller as an option.

Secondly, it would be great if you contact the RV repair shop and should only get the service from the RV experts. Goodyear Wrangler all-season collection could also be a considerable option in this regard.
Remedios_Sharrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #19
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedios_Sharrock View Post
It happened with the SUV that we use for towing. We found tyres at affordable prices at here alltyres365.co.uk/4x4-suv/ but they were only shipping to the UK and few other European countries. Later, we managed to get an entire set of 4 SUV tyres from a local store of Goodyear but if you are living in UK or countries like Spain, Italy, Germany etc then you can consider this reseller as an option.

Secondly, it would be great if you contact the RV repair shop and should only get the service from the RV experts. Goodyear Wrangler all-season collection could also be a considerable option in this regard.
GY Wranglers are LT, light truck, tires that may work on smaller/lighter RVs, I wouldn't personally, but the sidewalls are not quite stiff enough for heavy RVs especially making tight turns.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote