Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Winterizing

I know, I know. Most people are thinking about de-winterizing at this time of the year, but I am a first time owner of a Z-1 271BH. Actually I'm a first time RV owner, period, and I have a question about winterizing. I live in southeastern NC almost Northeastern SC and I was just wondering about where the perpetual winterizing 'cutoff line' would be. Is this something I should be considering come November this year or not something I need to worry about at all? Thanks in advance for the info. I'll try not to be too terribly bothersome on these forums but I'd rather ask the question and not be sorry later that I didn't.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I am guessing you are probably warmer than most. I would not worry about it until they are calling for freezing temp that not just dip into it but are predicted to get there and stay there for awhile. It is not hard to do and can be done in just a couple hours or less.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Welcome from Mebane (between Durham and Greensboro). We still winterize every winter. We usually have our final trip in late oct/early Nov in Jackson springs (near Pinehurst) and winterize at fhu site there before we leave. We usually dewinterize at the same place in early March, although we waited until April this year due to the cold. Basically, if you hAve temps getting g into the low 30's, you need to at leAst drain the lines and blow them out or run the pink stuff through them.

On another note, check out the mason Dixon group thread. Not sure if there are any sites left this year, but a great group of people we met through this forum.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:28 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the info guys. I think I will air on the safe side and winterize even though mostly our temps don't get below freezing. We do on occasion have those terrible ice storms, and that could be a nightmare if I don't I guess. Still learning a lot, but I have to say I am impressed with the RV community and its willingness to be helpful and insightful. Our first family camping trip was last weekend to the Coke 600 in Charlotte and there were way more than a handful of seasoned campers willing to help us out with anything that we needed or needed assistance with.

Anaro, could you give me more info on the Mason-Dixon Group in private message? I have family that lives in both Maryland and PA and I frequent that area fairly regularly. If it is a camping group (which I'm pretty sure it is) I would very much be interested in joining.

Thanks again guys.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Sent you a pm. Forgot to include the links for Mason Dixon bunch and Northeast crossroads rally

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote