Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2024, 06:25 PM   #1
New Camper

Question Last minute inspection before purchase

Hey everyone, thrilled to be a part of this forum! About to wrap up the purchase of a 2018 Crossroads Grand Reserve 33si. Planning to connect water this week for the final plumbing system checks. Any advice or insights on specific things to keep an eye on with this year and model?
aninness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 06:37 PM   #2
Site Team

There is quite a bit you should check before taking delivery.
Here is a link for a PDI that has been posted in our Documents section.
You might want to print it out and have it with you before making the final decision.

https://www.crossroadsowners.com/for...?do=file&id=25
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 07:29 PM   #3
New Camper

Smile

Thanks Lloyd! I did notice that inspection list and several other helpful things here in the site. Was hoping a few people had specific 33si things I should be on the look out as i look it over one last time before writing the check.
aninness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 05:45 AM   #4
Site Team

Not sure if this your first camper or if your a seasoned owner but ask a lot of questions. Have them show where everything is and how/that it works then you do it. Using the list Lloyd mentioned go over everything that you can. Make sure the camper is connected to electric/water and a sewer connection if possible. Make sure the refrigerator is running and bring a refrigerator thermometer that way you can tell how cold cold is. If it is supposed to move make sure it does like stabilizer jacks and the awning. Also check the dates on the tires and battery/batteries. And the propane tanks also and will they fill them.

Good luck we're here for you.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:58 PM   #5
New Camper

We purchased our 2020 Embrace last February. We went thru everything as on the list. We had the dealer install new tires and battery. The under awning lights were missing and the dealer said they would replace them. We didn't really check the microwave because the light went on when we opened the door, so we assumed it was working. Everything else was fine. we pulled it home and it sat for about 5 weeks before we could really get into it, due to snow here in WI. I had to give the dealer the part number for the awning lights and have them ship it to me so I could install it, after a bit of arguing. The microwave didn't work. They said they wouldn't do anything about it, but since we bought the extended warranty they said they would replace it. I had them ship it to our house and installed it myself, since we live 160 miles from the dealer. After all that everything is good. so make sure you check everything before you take it off the lot, especially since it is a used RV.
Good luck. Very exciting for you

Kevin
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote