|Crossroads Owners Forum Community Rules
There is no charge for joining this Forum! This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in Crossroads Brand RV's. Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand; above all be nice. If you come across any violations of these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Forums Contact Form.
Be Courteous! We would like the Crossroads Owners Forums to be an online reflection of the RV'ing community. Treat each other with respect just as you would around a campfire. Here are some general guidelines that we expect you to follow:
Posting standards: Forum members may use standard fonts available on the forum. The standard font size is 2. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting or content will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color. E-mail addresses and web addresses are not appropriate forum user names. The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
- Our rules extend to all sections of the website including messaging functions, galleries and any other public or private posting.
- Do not engage in personal attacks.
- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
- Do not post the same discussion topic more than once or in several areas of the forum.
- Please post in the proper category.
- Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go.
- We will not tolerate bigotry in any form, including posts intended to incite expressions of such bigotry from others.
- Posts containing vulgar language that are overly explicit or obscene, images or links to websites with adult content/images are not allowed.
- Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
- Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a vendor account has been established.
- Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse directed at our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
- Fair warning; discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are likely to be closed or removed if they become disruptive to the community.
- We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness.
Signature Standards: Signatures are setup in your profile. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
Classifieds Use: Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership, no commercial sales are permitted. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
- Signatures must be kept to a maximum of seven lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than two links (no commercial links permitted). Participants may not post affiliate links.
- Signatures may not include email addresses, prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
- Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded. We reserve the right to alter or remove your signature and/or it's contents at any time without explanation.
Dealer Pricing | Customer Disputes: Do not make posts about new coach pricing at various dealerships. These are private transactions between you and that dealer. This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.
- Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds.
- Do not place ads directing others to an e-bay or other online sale or directing others to another website.
- Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
Do not post protected / copyrighted content: Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the forums without the consent of the owner. Copyrighted material includes images and text produced and owned by others. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news on the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and distributed. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech":
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not infer that others have to publish your speech. The Crossroads Owners Forum is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our site team. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your right to Free Speech.
Site Management & Member Concerns: If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. Abuse toward our administrators or moderators may result in suspension of your account. Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not to be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
Account Management: Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every forum page. Participants may only have one account. Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.
Disabling Accounts: We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (if requested and at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways:
Change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and any info from the profile that might be identifying or replace it with fictitious info, change account options to refuse contact and ban the account. Someone has to interpret these guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site moderators and administrator to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact a moderator or administrator. Thanks to everyone for keeping the tone appropriate for a group of friends, at least the vast majority of the time. Please keep it up!
Registering and participating at CrossroadsOwners.com constitutes agreement to abide by the Social Knowledge Network Terms of Service (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without giving you prior notice.