Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #1
Weekend Camper
 
wgbalogh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 16
Bumper Grill Upgrade

After a frustrating camping trip cleaning and trying to cook on the bumper grill that came with our Sunset trail something had to change! Im not sure if anyone else has come up with a substitute using the stock bumper mount? I had a Coleman RoadTrip but I was reluctant to drag two grills camping, attached are some photos of my hack using a few things lying around the garage.

FYI I did run the grill to make sure the plywood did not get warm and it was just fine. The grill is meant to be used as a table top as an option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161002_161540.jpg (377.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 20161002_161600.jpg (362.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 20161002_161708.jpg (362.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 20161002_161702.jpg (214.1 KB, 42 views)
wgbalogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tn
Posts: 384
I like it, nice work.
So the pipes on the table slide over the posts on the swing arm? How stable is it? Seems like it might rock back and forth.

Any issues using the low pressure gas from the camper?

I own the same grill but decided to use a Weber I also own, as it was smaller. Should it fail, your idea would be my next version.
__________________
Burgy
(Kevin and Lisa)
2008 Nissan Titan
2015 ST270BH
http://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
Weekend Camper
 
wgbalogh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 16
I used 1/2 pipe which fits nicely over the post, so it doesn't rock at all. My concern was the extra weight on the arm but that even seems to be okay.

I did eliminate the regulator that comes with the grill and use the the campers, this is the 4th trailer using the same same setup and it work fine.
wgbalogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:55 AM   #4
Full Time Camper
 
Steve7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Nv
Posts: 624
Your table looks great. I'll probably do the same. I plan on getting one of the weber Q's. Not really clear on the regulator though. When adding a different BBQ, is there a need to add or delete anything else besides having a quick connect added to the BBQ?
__________________
Steve & Sue
2017 Grand Design 297RSTS Travel Trailer
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab diesel 6.7 SW LB 11,500 lb GVWR package
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
Full Time Camper
 
Russb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
Your table looks great. I'll probably do the same. I plan on getting one of the weber Q's. Not really clear on the regulator though. When adding a different BBQ, is there a need to add or delete anything else besides having a quick connect added to the BBQ?
The regulator on the Weber needs to be removed as low pressure is supplied to the grill using the RV regulator.
__________________
Russ
Forney,TX
2010 Cruiser CTX CT29RLX
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #6
Full Time Camper
 
Steve7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Nv
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russb View Post
The regulator on the Weber needs to be removed as low pressure is supplied to the grill using the RV regulator.
Thanks for the info Russ. Got it now.
__________________
Steve & Sue
2017 Grand Design 297RSTS Travel Trailer
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab diesel 6.7 SW LB 11,500 lb GVWR package
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:34 AM   #7
Weekend Camper
 
wgbalogh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 16
Thanks Russ
wgbalogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper
 
sjk1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Wi
Posts: 393
Nice job on grill conversation.
__________________
Scott & Julie
Northern Wisconsin
2017 Sunset Trail 250RB
2015 F150 Supercrew w/3.5L EcoBoost/Max tow, w/
157 wheel base.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:54 AM   #9
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: TN
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgbalogh View Post
After a frustrating camping trip cleaning and trying to cook on the bumper grill that came with our Sunset trail something had to change! Im not sure if anyone else has come up with a substitute using the stock bumper mount? I had a Coleman RoadTrip but I was reluctant to drag two grills camping, attached are some photos of my hack using a few things lying around the garage.

FYI I did run the grill to make sure the plywood did not get warm and it was just fine. The grill is meant to be used as a table top as an option.

I am going to duplicate your setup, could you send me the dimensions that you cut the plywood and I was also curious what you covered it with?


Thanks!
__________________
Barry
2014 Sunset Trail Reserve 32RL
cottonakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #10
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 55
Nice!

I have an older road trip grill but hate loading it up, cleaning etc. I only use bring it for extended camping as it works great with my iron griddles and the such.

I might have to consider this and an option.
__________________
Clint

2017 Crossroads Volante 310bh
2016 Ford F-350 6.7l PSD Superduty

Vikes79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.