Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
New Camper

The fresh water monitor on my 2010 Cruiser 30SK is way out. Did a fill test and it reads 1/3 full with 3 gallons in, 2/3 full with 19 gals and full at 36 gals, kept filling to 60+ gals were in. Dealer opened it up a put some shims to "level" the tank, but said that's all they can do.
Anyone had a similar experience? Solutions?

Allan

2010 Cruiser 30SK, 2006 GMC Duramax 2500HD

Retired2BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

It all depends where the sensors are installed on the tanks. I would think the full sensor should be located towards the top of the tank with the 1/3 and 2/3 located at those points or close to it. I don't think they are concerned with gallons when they install the sensors just the level of water in the tank. Not sure if moving the sensors is an option or not.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Just curious doesn't the "Fresh Water" capacity also include a full HW?

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Welcome to the forum Allen,

I have similar results with my water tank. I just returned from a couple of months of boondock camping. So I was filling my water tank with 5 gallon water bottles. If I recall it takes about 5-6 gallons for my tank indicators to go from empty and the pump is sucking air, to the one third indicator. Didn't check it atthe 2/3 point. But after it registered full, I put in 20 gallons. Put a total of 61 gallons in my 58 gallon tank.

As said above, it all depends on where they put the sensors. Probably not worth the effort it would be to move them. When you think about it, what good is a fullindicator if it is placed in the top of the tank? I just fill the tank until the water comes out the fill tube vent. Then I know it is full. So now I know that when the full light goes out, I have 40 gallons of H2O left and when the 1/3 light goes out I've got about 5 gallons left. Time to get some more or momma's not going to be happy. As long as you now know the sensor points write it down and you will always have a pretty good idea of how much water you've got in the tank.

You probably already have figured this out, but it is a good idea to know how much water you have left whenthe gage first saysempty. Empty on the gage doesn't usually mean you can't pump any more water from the tank.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:14 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

We have the same problem with our 2011 30skp. After draining the fresh water tank, the monitor still indicates that the tank is 1/3 full. I've even tried leaving the cap off the drain when traveling, hoping to drain a little more water out of the tank when going up hill. That didn't help so I'm inclined to think that the problem is with the sensor in the tank, or something wrong in the monitor panel. Anyhow, if you get the problem sorted, I'd be very interested to hear what you did.

2007 Chev 2500 HD, D/A 4x4

2011 Cruiser CF30SK Provincial.

https://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/...way/th_014.jpg
Rambleaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 AM   #6
New Camper

Thanks for everyones input. I sent a message to Crossroads to find out what the fresh water tank capacity really is, as the only spec I found was for the black water tank at 40 gallons. I'm going to make a little chart of my measurements and post it on the panel door. Otherwise love the trailer layout, now we look from the table at our own site, instead of the neighbors.

Allan

Old 10-27-2010, 04:03 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Our fresh water readings are the same as everyone posting here. Somewhat screwy. It seems to show 1/3 even when the pump is sucking dry. I either fill it all the way full or use a 5 galloncontainer and put in what I want
Old 11-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
New Camper

The Crossroads Tech Group sent me an email and confirmed that the rated capacity of the tank on the 30SK is 58 gallons.

On a different subject, I had gone into the RV and found several times that the gear motor was running on the fantastic fan over the bed. I tracked it down to happening every time I disconnected the battery (via the 12V disconnect switch I installed). I contacted the manufacturer and this was the reply:

"The dome lift motors on the Fantastic Vents are designed to be pressure

sensitive or current limit shut off. The back up knob needs to be in the auto

position for the motor to stop. In the manual position the motor is disengaged

from the automatic features. I will then continue to run because there is no

resistance."

I was impressed that the Crossroads and Fantastic Fan prompt reply to my questions.