Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemac377
From what I have read, multiple companys are using the Schwintek slide system because it is the cheapest thing out there.

Sure am glad Dale that ours are the old version as after adjusting the sealing alignmentmine have been great !! Jb Hope to see ya this winter as of now it looks good for us to go!!jb
Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #22
New Camper

Send a message via AIM to Granbob
Last stop of oursummer-long escape the heat trip from TX we started experiencing the sameissue w/ our 335.After removing stored bedding underneath, I found that the plywood bottom had pulled loose at the head end and was dragging on the carpet. With the help of a friend we disassembled the bed from the slide and found the rollers underneath mounted such that they made the bed retract out of line.

FIX: Used glue and screws to re-attach plywood, Re-mounted rollers. Adjusted motor torque setting as they come with minimal setting (manual available online from SCHWINTEK). The motor controller is underneath the head of the bed and easily adjustable after getting to it.
Repair time: about 4 hours.
Cause: Poor workmanship.

Even though our unit is under warranty Ipreferto fix myself and know it is done right.
The SChWINTEK manual is pretty good.
Granbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granbob
Last stop of oursummer-long escape the heat trip from TX we started experiencing the sameissue w/ our 335.After removing stored bedding underneath, I found that the plywood bottom had pulled loose at the head end and was dragging on the carpet. With the help of a friend we disassembled the bed from the slide and found the rollers underneath mounted such that they made the bed retract out of line.

FIX: Used glue and screws to re-attach plywood, Re-mounted rollers. Adjusted motor torque setting as they come with minimal setting (manual available online from SCHWINTEK). The motor controller is underneath the head of the bed and easily adjustable after getting to it.
Repair time: about 4 hours.
Cause: Poor workmanship.

Even though our unit is under warranty Ipreferto fix myself and know it is done right.
The SChWINTEK manual is pretty good.

I recommend anyone that own a 2011 or 2012 CF335SS have the design modification implemented on your rig. As a minimum it will make easier to access the controller and reduce the loading on the motors.

Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #24
New Camper

This problem is a design issue and needs to be corrected by the dealer. I hear that there is a fix from the factory that your dealer canaccommodate.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #25
New Camper

Do I need to call my lawyer?

Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #26
New Camper

Hey all,

We are having the same issue with our CF335SS and are going to the dealer for correction this Tuesday. I am hoping that all your hard work with CR will pave the way for a proper correction.

I sent you a pm with my email address to get a copy of what CR sent you. Thanks in advance

2006 Chevy 2500 Dmax/Ally Ext cab SB

Matt, Debi and Bella the Dog

mdfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #27
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfloyd
Hey all,

We are having the same issue with our CF335SS and are going to the dealer for correction this Tuesday. I am hoping that all your hard work with CR will pave the way for a proper correction.

I sent you a pm with my email address to get a copy of what CR sent you. Thanks in advance

Info sent.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Hey all,

I was told that the Unit should be ready on Monday. I spent allot of time on the computer and phone communicating with the factory and the RV dealer to keep things moving.

While it is in the shop I am having the wet bolt kit installed on the suspension system and the "first" annual inspection performed (one needed to maintain the 5 year warranty).

Old 10-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #29
New Camper

Sounds like a good plan. I put the wet bolt system on our last fiver and it not only gave peace of mind for better lubrication, but got rid of all the squeaking from the springs.

Thanks again.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to dlayman
I have the same problem with our bedroom slide , brought it back to the dealer , he done a small ajustment on the front motor , worked O.K for the first time out , I have the same problem again , spoke to the dealer & he said maybe need to be greased , but there is a limit switch on these , i still say it needs more ajustment , keep me imformed on yours .
dlayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #31
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlayman
I have the same problem with our bedroom slide , brought it back to the dealer , he done a small ajustment on the front motor , worked O.K for the first time out , I have the same problem again , spoke to the dealer & he said maybe need to be greased , but there is a limit switch on these , i still say it needs more ajustment , keep me imformed on yours .

I think you need the modification performed.

1. There are no limit switches. Motor stops when it reaches the "stall" current/torque.
2. There is nothing to grease. Some lubricant can be sprayed on the gear rail - won't help much - did not for us.

I can send you pictures of the modification to your "home" e-mail. See my e-mail address under my profile

Old 10-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #32
Weekend Camper

I would love to see the pictures & the modifications , you can send them to dlayman@stjohns.cait seems that I have a bigger problem then I thought
Old 10-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #33
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlayman

I would love to see the pictures & the modifications , you can send them to dlayman@stjohns.cait seems that I have a bigger problem then I thought

Info sent.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #34
Weekend Camper

Dealer came by today worked on the slide for about 1 1/2 hours could not fix , he said he would have to get in touch with crossroads , he is to get back to me in the morning on the out come . will keep you updated on the outcome
Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #35
Weekend Camper

Bob, we just had the same problem with our 2012 330SS. The instructions you have are the same ones we were given to fix our trailer. That did fix it and it has been working good since.

2012 King Ranch,F350,CC,SRW,

LWB,FX4,6.7 Diesel

2012 CR Cruiser 330SS

God Bless

https://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures005.jpg
Traveling Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #36
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Texans

Bob, we just had the same problem with our 2012 330SS. The instructions you have are the same ones we were given to fix our trailer. That did fix it and it has been working good since.

Glad to here it fixed the problem. How long did it take to get the modification done on yours?

Ours is still at the RV dealer - has been there since 9/10. I will be calling them again tomorrow.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #37
Family Vacation Member

Good Luck with these slides. Mine has been to the factory twice already plus the dealer for a water leak in it. It don't have to rain very hard for the leak. Just got it back forthe second time last Sat and it rained Sat night and it leaked again. This is only one of the problems with this new trailer. Wish had my 2008 back. Factory wants to come get it again. It was out there this time for 6 weeks. Fast turn around LOL.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #38
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzinfools
Good Luck with these slides. Mine has been to the factory twice already plus the dealer for a water leak in it. It don't have to rain very hard for the leak. Just got it back forthe second time last Sat and it rained Sat night and it leaked again. This is only one of the problems with this new trailer. Wish had my 2008 back. Factory wants to come get it again. It was out there this time for 6 weeks. Fast turn around LOL.

We have not had any water leaks and we have had it out in some pretty good rain storms. Hopefully it will still be water tight after the bedroom slide modification.

Another reason for lemon laws on RVs.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #39
New Camper

I sent my dealer the photos outlining theprocedureand he seems reluctant. I told him to get in touch with Crossroads to verify and we will go from there. He still wants to try and fix it viaadjustmentprocedures outlined by Schintek/Lippert. I explained that I have done all those and the problem returns and clearly needs apermanentfix and he has agreed to do what is required.

I'm taking it in this weekend and will update the thread asdevelopments arise.

Bob, that's a long time man, wish I could help you put a little pressure on them!!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #40
Full Time Camper

Quote:
I sent my dealer the photos outlining theprocedureand he seems reluctant. I told him to get in touch with Crossroads to verify and we will go from there. He still wants to try and fix it viaadjustmentprocedures outlined by Schintek/Lippert. I explained that I have done all those and the problem returns and clearly needs apermanentfix and he has agreed to do what is required.

I'm taking it in this weekend and will update the thread asdevelopments arise.

Bob, that's a long time man, wish I could help you put a little pressure on them!!
One of things I verified with CrossRoads RV was that Lippert was involved in the modification to fix the problem. Basically the Lippert engineers went to the factory and looked at the application of the Schwintek system. Then they helped them come up with a modification to fix the problem.

I am sure your dealer is not looking forward to performing the modification. Not that easy of a job - at least from my perspective.