Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #41
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to dlayman

Dealer came by today done everything they could with the situation ,got the slide put in for storage for the winter ,they are familar with the modification & will have them performed & completed for the start of camping season next season .the dealer also offered to transport our trailer to our winter storage place ( 2hr drive ), very considerate of them
dlayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #42
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlayman

Dealer came by today done everything they could with the situation ,got the slide put in for storage for the winter ,they are familar with the modification & will have them performed & completed for the start of camping season next season .the dealer also offered to transport our trailer to our winter storage place ( 2hr drive ), very considerate of them

Sounds like the dealer will be taking care of you - good to hear - delivering the trailer is a real plus.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #43
Weekend Camper

Bob,
I haven't had a problem with the bed slide yet, (Lord knows I've had enough others) but I would like a copy of your email. Forwarned is forarmed.

bjdallyn@rogers.com

Thanks,
Brian

TosorontioWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #44
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TosorontioWanderers
Bob,
I haven't had a problem with the bed slide yet, (Lord knows I've had enough others) but I would like a copy of your email. Forwarned is forarmed.

bjdallyn@rogers.com

Thanks,
Brian

Info sent.

Do you know when your unit was made - should be on the label on the drivers side of the Unit.

Edited by: NorskeNY

Old 10-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #45
Full Time Camper

My saga continues:
I

went to pick up the trailer today (10/20) and the modification was not

completed per the instructions. So I left the trailer so they could

finish the job. (Good thing I only live 28 miles from the dealer)
We

did move the slide in and out 3 times and it works smoothly and at a constant

speed (no indications of “dragging� or changing load on the motors like it used

to). All of the seals look good and the slide appears to seal properly

when it is in and out. They did completed the rest of the modification and replaced the complete slide drive system (rails,motors,gearing). Also they replaced the slide fiberglass sheeting on the bottom (it had been cracking in 5 locations) , front side and back side.

Issues

with the modification performed by dealer.

1. 1. Thetech only put one roller at the end of the bed - dresser end – trailer front end. The tech will need to squeeze a roller under the bed and use a

bolt/nut to hold it in place. Or disassemble the bed again. 2. The tech relocated the controller to the front compartment behind the

battery box and above the remote controls connection box. I asked them to re-locate it per the modification instructions - in the compartment where the intellijack controller is located.</span>
</span>I Looked at the notes that the tech wrote as he disassembled and reassembled

the slide. The floor was damp as well as

both sides. The side walls were coming apart

and they were not properly sealed at the factory. Good thing I had it in for the modification.

</span></span>

Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #46
New Camper

It looks like there could be more than one way to skin the cat. It appears the issue could be limited to the front of the slide dragging on the carpet not sure why they did not want to install the 2nd roller and I think the 2nd roller will help prevent issues down the road as things settle into place. Good insurance, so to speak.

I forgot to mention in my earlier posts that my slide controller was mounted by the intellijack controller when I bought the unit. The date on the trailer is 1/23/2012.

2006 Chevy 2500 Dmax/Ally Ext cab SB

Matt, Debi and Bella the Dog

mdfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #47
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfloyd
It looks like there could be more than one way to skin the cat. It appears the issue could be limited to the front of the slide dragging on the carpet not sure why they did not want to install the 2nd roller and I think the 2nd roller will help prevent issues down the road as things settle into place. Good insurance, so to speak.

I forgot to mention in my earlier posts that my slide controller was mounted by the intellijack controller when I bought the unit. The date on the trailer is 1/23/2012.

They probably had made changes to the design by then Jan. 2012.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #48
Full Time Camper

Got it home on 11/1 - slide operates much smoother.

Unfortunately the camping season is over for us and I winterized on 11/3.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:09 AM   #49
Weekend Camper

Bob: Could you send me the email with the modification / fix for the slide and the email address of who you were dealing with at Crossroads? I want to put mine into the shop and get this done along with some other fixes.

My email is danbushfield@gmail.com

Thanks

Dan

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #50
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
Bob: Could you send me the email with the modification / fix for the slide and the email address of who you were dealing with at Crossroads? I want to put mine into the shop and get this done along with some other fixes.

My email is danbushfield@gmail.com

Thanks

Dan

Info sent. There should have been a recall on this as soon as they found the design flaw. Would have been some happier CrossRoads RV owners.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #51
New Camper

I took mine out to the factory as the fiberglass on the bottom of the slide was cracked. I was told the slide was torqued. They removed the bedroom slide shaved the wood plate and realigned the slide and fixed the fiberglass. It works great now.
Poormarky

Poormarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #52
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poormarky
I took mine out to the factory as the fiberglass on the bottom of the slide was cracked. I was told the slide was torqued. They removed the bedroom slide shaved the wood plate and realigned the slide and fixed the fiberglass. It works great now.
Poormarky

When was your Unit manufactured?

Shaved the wood plate - must be where it enters the side of the Unit.

Ours is still at the dealer correcting the problem with the bed platform pulling away from the wall. All related to when they took the bed slide apart to perform the slide modification. (been there for 1 1/2 weeks - guess they are in no hurry to make the repairs since the camping season is over).

Old 11-22-2012, 04:42 AM   #53
Weekend Camper

Noresky: ( Note - This is a copy of a email I sent privately - copied here for general info) Like your 335SS mine was manufactured in August 2011 ( Fix here - I said 2012 in private email.). As I reported in the forum on your thread a couple of months ago, I cannot get the bed room slide in all the way (about 6 inches short) while the unit is on the stilts. When I put the unit on the truck 5th wheel hitch and remove the weight off of the stilts - no problem. I do not have any damage as a result of this - I note that you had lots of cracking of the slide base etc.

I have done quite a bit of testing / trying alternate methods of closing slide etc. since I posted on your thread and have come to the following conclusion:

a) Putting weight on the stilts changes the curvature of the floor just enough to stop the slide from coming all the way in due to the fact that the end of the bed gets caught on the carpet. This is supported by 2 observations: a) taking weight off the stilts and putting on the 5er hitch ( support is in the middle of the floor) allows the slide to come in all the way with no problems, b) when the weight is on the stilts the bed end (end away from the slide) twists slightly towards the front of the 5er and then sticks.

In my area I do not have a service center that I trust to do the fix that crossroads suggests. Therefore I am going to try 2 fixes first:

a) Put in some RV slider Slickers ( made by lippert (http://www.rvupgradestore.com/Slide-...-p/14-8151.htm ) under the corner of the bed (actually I am going to use a carpet protector for a roller chair first - cut it up since it is cheaper) to slide the bed across the carpet while on the stilts,
b) Disassemble the bed frame and add rollers to the bottom as the crossroads fix suggests.
(I don't see that moving the controller makes a difference except that it is in an easier place to service - But I may do that myself too.

IF these methods do not work I will take it down to the crossroads facility next summer and get the fix applied. I also want my slides adjusted and a couple of other things done.

ANY thoughts on my plan of action would be appreciated. DID the fix address your slide problems or are U still having issues?

I will keep you updated.Edited by: Boomer

2012 335SS

2009 Chev 2500HD 6.0 L gas
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #54
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
Noresky: ( Note - This is a copy of a email I sent privately - copied here for general info) Like your 335SS mine was manufactured in August 2011 ( Fix here - I said 2012 in private email.). As I reported in the forum on your thread a couple of months ago, I cannot get the bed room slide in all the way (about 6 inches short) while the unit is on the stilts. When I put the unit on the truck 5th wheel hitch and remove the weight off of the stilts - no problem. I do not have any damage as a result of this - I note that you had lots of cracking of the slide base etc.

I have done quite a bit of testing / trying alternate methods of closing slide etc. since I posted on your thread and have come to the following conclusion:

a) Putting weight on the stilts changes the curvature of the floor just enough to stop the slide from coming all the way in due to the fact that the end of the bed gets caught on the carpet. This is supported by 2 observations: a) taking weight off the stilts and putting on the 5er hitch ( support is in the middle of the floor) allows the slide to come in all the way with no problems, b) when the weight is on the stilts the bed end (end away from the slide) twists slightly towards the front of the 5er and then sticks.

In my area I do not have a service center that I trust to do the fix that crossroads suggests. Therefore I am going to try 2 fixes first:

a) Put in some RV slider Slickers ( made by lippert (http://www.rvupgradestore.com/Slide-...-p/14-8151.htm ) under the corner of the bed (actually I am going to use a carpet protector for a roller chair first - cut it up since it is cheaper) to slide the bed across the carpet while on the stilts,
b) Disassemble the bed frame and add rollers to the bottom as the crossroads fix suggests.
(I don't see that moving the controller makes a difference except that it is in an easier place to service - But I may do that myself too.

IF these methods do not work I will take it down to the crossroads facility next summer and get the fix applied. I also want my slides adjusted and a couple of other things done.

ANY thoughts on my plan of action would be appreciated. DID the fix address your slide problems or are U still having issues?

I will keep you updated.

The bed slide mod did fix the problem with it going in and out. Operates smoothly and at a constant speed out and in. The motors appear to be evenly loaded too.

Moving the controller will enable manual over ride and troubleshooting slide issues.

My last issue is related to the bed being taken apart - the screws pulled free from the wall when I lifted the bed platform to store items under it. I looks like they had the same issue at the RV shop. Others have had they same problem and made some modifications them selves to address the problem.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #55
New Camper

Ours is a 2012. I just had mine out to the factory last month. I took pictures and sent them first. They had a fiberglass guy come in and fix the outside damage. If you can go to the factory to have it fixed it is well worth it. I am in Il so it wasn't that much father to go there

Poormarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #56
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poormarky
Ours is a 2012. I just had mine out to the factory last month. I took pictures and sent them first. They had a fiberglass guy come in and fix the outside damage. If you can go to the factory to have it fixed it is well worth it. I am in Il so it wasn't that much father to go there

Wish the factory was closer for me - about a 600 mile trip. Getting a little (really allot) frustrated with the local CW service department.

My last call to the service department - - appears that they were waiting for the Tech. that worked on it last to fix the problems I am having now. On Monday it will have been at the shop for 2 weeks. So from 9/10 to today it has been home for 5 days and the rest of the time at the shop.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #57
Full Time Camper

I don't see any faster service sence they went to the 1 year warrenty.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:53 AM   #58
Family Vacation Member

I had mine back out to the factory and it came back and the bedroom slide was still leaking water. So called Andi and she got me in touch with Randy. Randy came out with Troy and it took them 2 days but they got it figured out and fixed. They both were real nice and helpful. They said to check the caulking on the rails often and keep them sealed. Crossroads needs to do for whatever it takes to keep Randy as he is the best and he wants you happy. Thanks very much to Randy and Troy. After 3 tries they got it done. Will see what else goes wrong.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #59
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzinfools
I had mine back out to the factory and it came back and the bedroom slide was still leaking water. So called Andi and she got me in touch with Randy. Randy came out with Troy and it took them 2 days but they got it figured out and fixed. They both were real nice and helpful. They said to check the caulking on the rails often and keep them sealed. Crossroads needs to do for whatever it takes to keep Randy as he is the best and he wants you happy. Thanks very much to Randy and Troy. After 3 tries they got it done. Will see what else goes wrong.

Glad to here that they finally found the leak.

I'll have to check the rails on ours since the gear rails (and the side walls) were replace by the RV dealer. I did notice the RV ship did not seal the inside edge of the side walls after replacing them so I sealed them with RTV. The slide seals should have protected the area but I did not want to take any chances.

I assume these are the rails you mentioned (this is a picture of the front top rail before it was replaced):

Old 11-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #60
Family Vacation Member

NorskeyNY Yes that is the rails. The part that was leaking was on the outside. They made sure it was sealed real good and all along the top of the rails also. They done all 4 of them. They replace all the screws in all the rails with bigger ones. Some of my old ones were loose. They said to keep a check on the caulking on them as it has pressure on them going in and out and will break loose. Again thanks to Randy and Troy. Don't know why the factory did not caught this the 2nd time? Hope this helps.

2012 Cruiser CF335SS
cruzinfools is offline   Reply With Quote