Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #21
Seasonal Camper

My understanding was that those seals are "wiper seals" and they are just to wipe any rainwater off the slide-out as it is moving in. Even if that is all they are designed to do I can certainly see where they could help keep water from entering the unit. I have problems with mine not "flipping" when they become dirty. They seem to work perfectly when they are clean.
Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 AM   #22
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambleaway
I didn't realize the top seals weren't flipping out until I saw the water stainson the bottom of the rear and side walls. Took it back to the dealer, who told me Crossroads had issued a fix for this problem. When I asked what exactly the "fix" was, I was told that they sprayed the seals with 303 protectant . Since I treat the seals with 303 every time I wash the trailer, I didn't see this as much of a fix. I was also told that I needed to monitor the seals each time I opened a slide, and to manually flip the seals out if necessary.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think I should have to climb up on top of the trailer to check the seals each time I open a slide. Back to the dealer

Of all the slides we have owned over the years we never needed to babysit slide seals on any of them including the one we have now,they do their own thing very nicely!We did 303 them or some equivilantslide seal treatment..The one & only time I am concerned about them is when they aren't pressed tight enough to keep out wind or driving rain because of improper slide adjustment! MHO jb
Old 07-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #23
Family Vacation Member

I have had a water leak on my rear slide since I took delivery of the trailer last year (long story). Anyway I had it at the dealer and it was 'fixed' pressure tested and all was OK until the next heavy rain storm. I started to really look at things and I found that the roofing material that is at the top of the slide does not to appear to have been installed at the factory. Now is the discussion as to how to install etc. I sure wish we had the option to go to the factory for service. The other thing that I have found is that there are no technical drawings of the trailers even to confirm correct components.

I guess I will just wait and not use the slide. Starting to loose patience and also starting to shop around.

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #24
Seasonal Camper

Swailes, call Randy or send him an email (service@crossroadsrv.com) with pictures and some description. He ma be able to help you determine the problem and the best (maybe the easiest) way to fix the problem.

Edited by: WoodcarvingGypsy
2021 Alliance Paradigm 365RD
WoodcarvingGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

Hello all. I sent an email to Crossroads last night and had a reply from a lady named Andie by mid morning. She was aware of my particular problem as my dealer had contacted them. Within an hour I had an email from the dealer that Crossroads (Andie) had been in touch with them and that a tech from Crossroads would be in touch with them before lunch. Shortly after lunch I received an email from the dealer that Randy from Crossroads had called him and was familiar with the 'new' style slide that my trailer is equipped with and that a few had leaks and outlined the repair process. The dealer is setting up an appointment to send a tech to my location (four hour round trip) to try the fix and look into the problem further.

I had questioned whether or not I had purchased the right trailer and the qickresponse and process has made me feel very comfortable. I hope that Randy's recommended repair will work but at the very least I am pleased with both the dealer and Crossroads for their response and the timely fashion that this has been dealt with.

I will let you all know the ultimate outcome.

Edited by: SWAILES

CF33LF PROVINCIAL EDITION
SWAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #26
Weekend Camper

Andie is a peach...have had a few dealings with Crossroads & all with Andie have been favorable

Cal