Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

We just did our 1st trip in our <new to us> 07 Crossroads-my 1st time ever hauling something this big 3,000 miles over ten days-great time.

We had all the rain everyone has been looking for and everytime we stopped we found water standing in the bottom channels on the inside of the fixed windows. I checked the weepholes and they don't seem to be connected to this area of the window.

The seams for the external black seals have a gap up to 1/4" and they are centered up the side of the glass rather than at the bottom. Is this something I'm going to have to redo or can I just seal the gap?

Thanks for any ideas.

Jim
Old 09-01-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Jim, we had the same thing on a couple of the blackwindows seals on our trailer. I went to Home Depot and bought a tube of black silicon caulk and sealed the open areas. We have no issues with leaks. You can't really tell where the spots I sealed are it matches so well.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks Hunter-that'll work.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

The black seals around the window are not seals at all they hold the window in place. The window is actually sealed with silicone caulk between the window and frame. To get at it you have to pull the black strip out. Common problem with the fixed windows.
**Mason-Dixon Bunch**
CruiserJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserJoe
The black seals around the window are not seals at all they hold the window in place. The window is actually sealed with silicone caulk between the window and frame. To get at it you have to pull the black strip out. Common problem with the fixed windows.
CruiserJoe is correct on the window being sealed between the window and the frame. I had the same problem with my 08 30sk leaking. It took the dealer three different tries to get it to stop leaking.

Coolbreeze1
coolbreeze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:52 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks to all, I'll start with sealing the black strip, if that doesn't work I'll go with re-sealing the window itself.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:57 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

Had same problem with my 2007 ct31rl and did what hunter11 done and my problem was solved.
Robbie Ribbins is offline   Reply With Quote