Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

New zinger 280rk owner, highly frustrated

Hello all, looking for some opinions and guidance here. I bought a new 2018 zinger 280rk in April and it has been in the shop a total of approx 6 months since then. I’ll try to keep it short but give enough info on what’s going on.

April 2018 - picked camper up new from dealer in GA.

Used camper 1 weekend trip in May.

Late May took in for leakcoming in around window inside wall on slide out.

Picked up late June, they put in new window and also damaged aluminum siding under window. I accepted back because I didn’t want them to replace siding which would require taking out another window.

Camped July 4th weekend, rained and leaked. Had to store and wait for dealer to make room until late July.

Dropped off at dealer late July. Told to go ahead and fix siding they damaged along with find the leak . Took about a month to find the leak, in the mean time they find the entire slide out exterior wall studs have water damage. Decided complete slide needs to be rebuilt.

Slide finally gets finished around thanksgiving but they tear my linoleum. So order that from factory.

Get a call this weekend after being promised it will be complete, and I’m told the slide was built too short and it isn’t sealing off properly.

Keystone customer relations had been in the loop via email thread since the second time I took it in.

I’m done being understanding and patient. I told the dealer and keystone I want another camper as replacement at this point since mine had been so hacked up and worked on so much it will never be like new again... I’ve also been paying the monthly note while it hasn’t been in my possession.

The dealer is supposed to call me tomorrow with a resolution which I’m not expecting to be a new unit. I’m expecting them to say they are semdning back to factory to repair, since they obviously can not handle this type of repair,

Any thoughts, comments, experiences? Anyone else had major issues with a new camper? Was it resolved? Any chance in getting a new unit?

I’m waiting for the resolution before bad mouthing the dealer and saying who I’m dealing with, i’ll Give them a chance to resolve but if not I’m thinking of contacting WSBTV channel 2 news and spreading the word!
Zinger 280RK is offline   Reply With Quote