Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2023, 02:00 PM   #1
New Camper

Decal Question, Slide Out Motor Question, and Cleaning Top of Roof

We have a 2016 ST29RL and are looking for decals for the driver side due to some fading on the white striping. Anu suggestions for Decals? I did look at Decals direct and they seem a expensive.

Also any reccomendations on where to purchase the motors for the slide outs?

Any reccomendations for cleaning the roof? Our is getting stained and doesnt respond to regular car wash and brush scrbbing.

Any reccomendations on a parts list for searching?

Sorry for all the questions. New to the forum!
Spyke24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 02:45 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

The motor is available on Amazon at a pretty good price (or, at least it was for my 2015 model).

I would recommend getting the exact part number off of the motor and the gearbox. In my experience, they sell them together at a bit of a discount. Additionally, it's the gearbox that typically fails before the motor so it wouldn't hurt to have an extra in case that happens. There should be a label with a part number somewhere on these items.

I really like the Protectall Rubber RV Roof Cleaner and Treatment (they are two separate products).

RV Rubber Roof Cleaner - Non-Toxic, Non-Abrasive RV roof detergent 1 Gallon - Protect All 67128 , White https://a.co/d/g1kZCt8

RV Rubber Roof Treatment - 1 gallon - anti-static, dirt repelling, and UV protectant - Protect All 68128 https://a.co/d/eHlEzc3

Last time Camping World had a sale and they were less than Amazon. You may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else..

Currently located between Georgia and Insanity.

007matman AKA Matt
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:17 PM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
The motor is available on Amazon at a pretty good price (or, at least it was for my 2015 model).

I would recommend getting the exact part number off of the motor and the gearbox. In my experience, they sell them together at a bit of a discount. Additionally, it's the gearbox that typically fails before the motor so it wouldn't hurt to have an extra in case that happens. There should be a label with a part number somewhere on these items.

I really like the Protectall Rubber RV Roof Cleaner and Treatment (they are two separate products).

RV Rubber Roof Cleaner - Non-Toxic, Non-Abrasive RV roof detergent 1 Gallon - Protect All 67128 , White https://a.co/d/g1kZCt8

RV Rubber Roof Treatment - 1 gallon - anti-static, dirt repelling, and UV protectant - Protect All 68128 https://a.co/d/eHlEzc3

Last time Camping World had a sale and they were less than Amazon. You may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else..
Thank you 007matman! Do you have any advice on decals?
Spyke24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 05:00 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyke24 View Post
Thank you 007matman! Do you have any advice on decals?
No, I have looked into it before for a previous camper (and manufacturer) and found that they do stock them for a few years. I don't remember the price but know it wasn't cheap.

Some (in another forum) have found success in a custom vinyl shop. I have never looked into that. For me, the stripe I was missing wasn't that big of a deal. I lived with it.

Sorry.. I know that isn't much help.

Currently located between Georgia and Insanity.

007matman AKA Matt
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 06:07 PM   #5
Site Team

Here is one decal website
https://www.rvdecalsdirect.com/cross...del-of-trailer

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 08:55 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

If the decal is in good condition,just faded, I have had good results painting over the decal. A custom decal shop can take a photo of the decal and make a new one. The cost was reasonable.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 12:07 PM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russb View Post
If the decal is in good condition,just faded, I have had good results painting over the decal. A custom decal shop can take a photo of the decal and make a new one. The cost was reasonable.
Thank you Russ!