Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Thanks for the likes on the paint and decals. It spruced it up somewhat. While I was at it I painted the front frame and the propane tank cover which needed some TLC.

Found this site for decals -
https://www.rvdecalsdirect.com/cross...set-trail-year

and had the RESERVE made up at a local graphics store. Now I have to find or make up the other safety decals for the warnings etc that were on the front and the tongue of the trailer. Does anyone know where to get these?
Old 08-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakherder View Post
Thanks for the likes on the paint and decals. It spruced it up somewhat. While I was at it I painted the front frame and the propane tank cover which needed some TLC.

Found this site for decals -
https://www.rvdecalsdirect.com/cross...set-trail-year

and had the RESERVE made up at a local graphics store. Now I have to find or make up the other safety decals for the warnings etc that were on the front and the tongue of the trailer. Does anyone know where to get these?
Nice job , did mine 8 yrs ago and still looks great , a once a yr spray wax and done.
As for the safety stickers...dont even bother putting back on, I took all my stickers off the first week I had it...just left the black and gray water stickers on.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 12:06 PM   #23
New Camper

Quote:
Just wanted to post the pictures of the finished paint and decal work on my trailer. Also included is the paint information for anyone who is looking to get close to the original paint from factory.
Your travel trailer looks awesome. Thanks for sharing the info on rvdecalsdirect. I just placed an order from them for our 2013 Sunset Trail Reserve ST30RE. Have a great day!!
dirtfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 08:58 PM   #24
Family Vacation Member

Thanks dirtfam. Good luck with your new paint and decals. Post a pic once they are complete.
Old 03-29-2021, 04:34 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

The dreaded faded front cap saga has a happy ending!

So my 2014 Sunset Trail ST26RB front cap started to fade after two years on the Northern California sun. Unfortunately for me, my trailer was facing directly into the sun at the storage yard where I kept my trailer. As each year went by, I saw the front cap fade and fade and fade. No matter how much I cleaned and applied a UV protectant, I lost the battle and the front decals turned a faded white. I decided it was time to paint the front cap and apply new decals and just this past month, I finally took the trailer down to my local RV body and paint shop. I found the decals on a website - rvdecalsdirect.com out of Canada. They claim to use "High Performance" vinyl and I can tell you they look fantastic! I was pleasantly surprised that they arrived about two weeks after I placed my order. My travel trailer looks like it came from the showroom floor. I have attached before and after pics so you can see the quality! Hats off to RV Decals Direct out of Canada!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Before.gif (614.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: gif After.gif (714.1 KB, 11 views)
Joedh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:14 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

It looks great!
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:41 PM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Looks great, Jodeh2! Did your paint shop put a gel coat on it as well? My paint shop didn't and he said I didn't need it but may have been an after thought on his part.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:45 PM   #28
Site Team

Wow. That looks new!
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:09 PM   #29
Site Team

Sure is a big difference. Looks great.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:20 AM   #30
Weekend Camper

Nice! Great to see when someone shares positive experience.
Old 03-30-2021, 01:05 PM   #31
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Looks great, Jodeh2! Did your paint shop put a gel coat on it as well? My paint shop didn't and he said I didn't need it but may have been an after thought on his part.
I'd assume it's automotive paint, base coat/clear coat, no gel coat. Wash/wax just like your car or truck & no more fading.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:44 AM   #32
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedh2 View Post
So my 2014 Sunset Trail ST26RB front cap started to fade after two years on the Northern California sun. Unfortunately for me, my trailer was facing directly into the sun at the storage yard where I kept my trailer. As each year went by, I saw the front cap fade and fade and fade. No matter how much I cleaned and applied a UV protectant, I lost the battle and the front decals turned a faded white. I decided it was time to paint the front cap and apply new decals and just this past month, I finally took the trailer down to my local RV body and paint shop. I found the decals on a website - rvdecalsdirect.com out of Canada. They claim to use "High Performance" vinyl and I can tell you they look fantastic! I was pleasantly surprised that they arrived about two weeks after I placed my order. My travel trailer looks like it came from the showroom floor. I have attached before and after pics so you can see the quality! Hats off to RV Decals Direct out of Canada!
Gorgeous paint job!!
Old 10-07-2021, 06:11 PM   #33
Family Vacation Member

Sorry Travelin Texans as I just spotted your post on the paint/decal I started.

Yes, it is automotive paint and clear coat not gel coat. That was my mistake.

The other was in the decal from decalsdirect that I had also posted. The decals are a direct match to the original but mine only lasted the year. Had them replaced when I had the cap painted in July 2020 and when I checked out the trailer this Spring, the decals were pealing at the corners. They wouldn't help me with the issue saying that they need to be installed by a professional. I did have them put on by a professional and sent him the website but got no response from decalsdirect.

Went back to my graphics installer and they said the decalsdirect decals are poor quality vinyl and he had mentioned to me that I would maybe get a couple of years out of them.

He made me a new set with a better vinyl and installed them this past July so I'll have to see what they look like in the Spring.

I know that others have ordered from Decalsdirect here in Canada and I was wondering if they had any problems with their decals.