Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #581
Weekend Camper

Thanks to all for making this weekend extra special (especially Keith and Beverly). Fantastic food, great weather, and special new friends. Great hospitality from everyone, was a comment I heard more than once, which isa testamentto thetype of people on this forum. Loyd's contributions were extra special! I finally got to sample some his creations.
Got home this morning after our detour to see Pam's dad in Temple (he is doing much better!) and Pam promptly rolled her foot stepping out of the RV and has a possible broken bone in her left foot. Got to wear a boot for a while until it heals. Once again, thanks to everyone and have a safe trip home!

Paul & Pam
'14 Bay Hill 340RK
'12 Ram 3500
Jazz & Allee
PMSPKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #582
Weekend Camper

Great weekend with all the Crossroads attendees at Buckhorn. A totally relaxedfew dayswith exceptional weather, fine foods from all, and for me...some good scotch!

Keith and Beverly have done another great job.

The Sunday evening storytellingsession hostedby Keith and Hal is one to remember. We are all anxiously waiting for the premier of their forthcoming reality show. Really!?!?

martinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #583
Weekend Camper

What a wonderful weekend. Could not have asked fora nicer group of people or for better weather. You were all great. Gloria and I just got home, unpacked, and attempted to get some of the "love bugs" off of the new wash and wax job. It was actually still white under all those bugs. Hope to see each of you again in the nearfuture. Thanks again to Keith and Beverly for another job well done.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #584
Full Time Camper

Those who missed the Keith and Hal show on Sunday night missed a real treat. The hunt for Sasquach begins. Can't remember when we have had more fun. Keith and Beverly did a great job of organizing and shepherding the whole event. We got to meet some great new friends and renew relationships with those we had previously met. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #585
Full Time Camper

First off thank you all for your kind words.I think this may have been the best rally to date. And Shane I owe you one.......

Second, those of us that stayed Sunday found out the Indian translation for "mapachoo" means "Mobile RV Tech". Eric you are the man!

As far as the tales Hal and I told we are curently on location practicing our new trade. Beverly and I took a four wheeler ride down to my feeder a while ago and she found a hog skeleton which she believes may have been a Bigfoot kill. For some reason the girls don't want to go out in the woods with Hal and I tonight to do some investigating. I am sure they will come around...........
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #586
Seasonal Camper

Keith and Beverly:
Thanks for another great rally. We had a wonderful time again and really appreciate your hospitality,including all the work that goes into preparing such an event. Then when you throw in the new business adventure and the Sunday night premier of the reality show My goodness you and Hal should be exhausted, let alone the toll it must take on your spouses. Oh by the way we made it home ok.
P.S.I thinkToni is allergic to strawberries.

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #587
Weekend Camper

I really enjoyed the "strawberry" beer from Eric. However, the mix of beer hops, strawberry, and, as I now realize...18 year old scotch...well, that is a dangerous combination.

Just kidding of course, but I had never heard of fruit flavored beer before! It really was good. We'll need to find our to Colorado and Eric's place to watch the biermeister at work.

We'll keep an eye out for "bigfoot" along the way, and perhaps we'll see two Texas cowboys (Keith & Hal)giving chase with a camera crew in close pursuit.

martinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #588
Weekend Camper

Keith and Beverly
Thanks for a great rally and all your hard work! Hope there is more down the road.

2012 cruiser 335ss

2007 dodge diesel 2500
ozark green's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #589
Family Vacation Member

I made it home yesterday about 3:00 pm... no issues and mild traffic.

I want to thank everyone for their hospitality, generosity and care.

I am so glad I was able to make it.

Tim, Frank, Eric and Clif... thanks for doing the set up when and I arrived.

A special thanks to Eric the Mobile RV Tech aka Mapachoo for replacing the vent covers for me.

I think the Sunday nite Blue Comedy Tour was great... Larry the Cable Guy has nothing on Hal and Keith... I am still laughing..

I hope we all can get together again.

Mike.. AKA Wilson
https://i43.tinypic.com/rlz8tk.jpg

Life is too short not to live it as a Texan.
Texas1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #590
Site Team

Home again home again, jiggity jig. About 3:30 PM
Great Rally-- Good people--Great food!!!
Got to put a face on everyone finally. Sorry to say I didn't realize who some of you were until it was to late, and you were gone.
I know there was a lot of work and a great deal of planning went into this rally to make it work. Barb and I would like to extend a great big heart felt THANK YOU to all that made it come together.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #591
Seasonal Camper

Lloyd and Barb;
So glad we got to meet you both and that you got home safe. Hopefully we canbring you west again.

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #592
Full Time Camper

We had a strange thing happen here at the farm last night. We were sitting around the campfire talking the BB show and all of a sudden PoPo Hantis appeared out of the woods. She came over and sat down and we offered her some firewater. We asked her if she would be our tracker and she started to mumble in her native tongue. After about 15 minutes of this she got up and disappeared back into the woods. We translated what she said as "OK".
Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #593
Site Team

Eric and Deanna, we were happy to have finally met you folks also!! You are very nice people. Special thanks to Eric for the thermostat install. It works like a champ.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #594
Full Time Camper

Lloyd and Barb:

Glad to hear that you made it home safely. Really enjoyed meeting you both. And the coffee is excellent.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #595
Site Team

Thanks George.
We really enjoyed meeting you and Linda also. Like I mentioned to you before--- you are perfect example of "Southern Hospitality".

Old 04-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #596
Full Time Camper

Lloyd, glad we finally got to meet and hope to get to do so again in the future.

We are headed home tomorrow so I will try and get some of our pictures from the rally posted Sunday.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #597
Site Team

Keith, the feeling is certainly mutual. It's been a long time a comin.
I do have one problem with the rally and meeting everyone---------
I can't for the life of me figure out who is the biggest bull sh*tter, you, Hal, Steve, or Frank!! Maybe somebody can chime in and clear this up for me.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #598
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Farmer
I can't for the life of me figure out who is the biggest bull sh*tter, you, Hal, Steve, or Frank!! Maybe somebody can chime in and clear this up for me.

Sounds like a contest for the next rally. Give the audience score cards and let the challenge begin.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #599
Full Time Camper

Larry, I have no clue what Lloyd is talking about. I just sat quietly and listened to the others speak.

As far as the next rally I think this was my last one. The Texas rally is now as big as the factory rally and we got no support from Crossroads. That is not right since we have just as many owners attend as the factory rally. If things change maybe I would consider it but I kind of doubt they will given what I have seen lately.

At least we did bring our Crossroads trailer to each rally we did organizewhich is more than I can say forthe person thatorganizes the factory rally. He has not brought his trailer to at least the last 4 factory rallies but rather stays in a cabin at the RV park. That should not be tolerated.

Edited by: Hunter11
Old 04-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #600
Weekend Camper

Keith,
We totally agree with your statment. It was a big disappointment that the rally with that many attendees from all over received no support from CR. This sure tells us the direction that the new management team is going in, unfortunately. You would think they would have done something if only from aPR standpoint. Here is hoping they change directions.

2012 cruiser 335ss

2007 dodge diesel 2500
ozark green's is offline   Reply With Quote