Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2017, 02:18 AM   #1
New Camper

2nd AC unit on 2017 331bh

Has anyone installed a 2nd ac unit in 331bh? Ducted ac not cooling bedroom or bunkhouse very well. is the 2nd ducted?
kgreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:21 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I have installed the second ac in the bedroom area of my 2011 Seville. It is / was an option whether I wanted to tie it into existing cooling ducted ( truncated duct) in the ceiling or purchase the regular discharge facial with the AC unit. If you want to tie into the duct it requires a different facia / diffuser on the AC unit you buy.
I went with the non- ducted as one would likely run the ac till the room gets cold at night and then shut it off ( as they are noisy while you sleep) and then let the main ducted one maintain the overall space temperature.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I have the 240RL not the 331BH but opted for the second ac in the bedroom. it is non-ducted and definitely cools the bedroom, but unless i am connected to 50 amp i can only run one at a time. wife complains that it is too cold in the camper now. in a pinch if the main ac goes out i believe the bedroom ac would be enough to cool the camper (even thought it is not ducted) at least enough to be comfortable. hope this helps