Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

water leak

Going to be interesting how the dealer is going to fix. Got back from a trip to Mass. a couple of weeks ago. Ran into some rough roads on I-70 going through Indianapolis and coming into Colorado. Made it almost home when a driver tried to get my attention. He indicated I had a problem with the wheels. Pulled over to the side to check and didn't find anything. Made it home ok and when I parked I noticed a spring shakle hanging down, we had broken a leaf spring and the tire was rubbing against the wheel well. I replaced the spring and thought everything was good to go. Took a trip to Grand Junction, got to the campground, parked and hooked up utilities. As soon as city water turned I had a large flow of water coming out the side where the spring had broken. Somehow when the spring broke it caused either a seperation or brake in the water line. Long story short-I tried to fix it myself. Dropped the under cover and found a space in the frame. Above the frame is another plastic corrugated cover. The water lines are above this.No other access available. Buttoned it up and took it to a dealer. We will see.
2001 ford excursion 7.3 diesel
Rick G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:12 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Oh boy! Good look.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote