Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2016, 06:35 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

wiring diagram ?

I am tracking a short in my 04 cruiser. It is in the line leading from the battery back to my switch panel/ slideout. I know the wires ran all over depending on which crew assembled the trailer, but the destinations have to be the same. Is there a diagram available showing where the switch wires ( awning light, hot water heater, slideout, etc.) track from the battery, and/or power converter? Otherwise, I'll have to cut each connection and test separately for continuity. TIA, Gary.
newbienomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:40 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

call the factory. they sent me a "generic" wiring diagram for my '06 cruiser.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Wouldnt all those connections still go through the fuse panel? Is something popping a fuse?
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Any work done lately? Drilling, picture hanging, etc which might lead to the problem?
Also, many slide outs use an SJ cord that's secured with expandable springs to pull up the slack when traveling.
You might get under the slide and check some of those stress points as that line can get yanked and pulled.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:08 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

nothing new in repairs, and it's one of the resetting breakers under the front skirt that clicks on and off. after removing the smaller wire from the battery, all other electric is working.Thanks gor the general lead, it would help me track easier. Lesson learned...I paid 500 bucks to not have the problem solved, so if you want something done right....
newbienomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Could that small wire go up to your emergency brake switch?
You must keep the pin in it while under power, camping or otherwise or you'll see them melt under the high amp draw and really drain batteries, flip breakers, etc.
Mfg's warn about pulling the pins under load.
I know some take them out for fear of them missing but I just always carry a spare just in case.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #7
New Camper

Did you find a wiring diagram? I contacted the Crossroads manufacture help desk. She said there were no fuses except in the panel. Wrong but no convincing her. I have a fuse out in the two lights over my bed in a slide out. Any ideas. Thanks

2010 Crossroads Cruiser 30ft
PepaBarnett
phillipcbarnett@gmail.com
PepaBarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:23 AM   #8
Site Team

You will have to state your make, model, and year of your RV so people know what you are talking about and can help.
It's best to put that info in your signature.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:13 PM   #9
Site Team

You have a fuse out or you have no power to the lights? If its a fuse out just change it. I personally have never heard of a in line fuse for a light in a camper but may be something new. In one of our campers we had a problem with the lights in the slide and it was in the connection to the slide wiring under the slide.

Also i see you have a 30 ft cruiser. Is it a 5th wheel or bumper pull? What is the model? As you can see i have a cruiser 29 ck. As Lloyd stated it helps others to help you when we know what you are working on.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:08 PM   #10
New Camper

fuse

The issue is there is not a fuse in the panel that goes to these lights. I can't find the fuse. Any ideas of a location. The lights in the bedroom work. It is the 2 spots over the head of the bed that do not work.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #11
Site Team

They are not wired like a car with a fuse for a set of lights. When i changed the converter in our camper we turned on everything the hooked up 1 wire at a time to see what did what. Believe it or not the lights in the front closet and the overhead reading lights in the rear of the camper were on the same fuse. Do you have a 5th wheel or a bumper pull? Just trying to figure out where your slide is to be able to offer more suggestions.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:49 PM   #12
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2millers View Post
Could that small wire go up to your emergency brake switch?
You must keep the pin in it while under power, camping or otherwise or you'll see them melt under the high amp draw and really drain batteries, flip breakers, etc.
Mfg's warn about pulling the pins under load.
I know some take them out for fear of them missing but I just always carry a spare just in case.
Unless you disconnect your battery/batteries do not pull that pin, it immediately activates the trailer brakes & will burn up the wire, magnets or something else along the way.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #13
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
They are not wired like a car with a fuse for a set of lights. When i changed the converter in our camper we turned on everything the hooked up 1 wire at a time to see what did what. Believe it or not the lights in the front closet and the overhead reading lights in the rear of the camper were on the same fuse. Do you have a 5th wheel or a bumper pull? Just trying to figure out where your slide is to be able to offer more suggestions.
I have a fifth wheel. In the panel, there are fuses and a chart. When I pull a fuse, a red light comes on showing a broken circuit. I have checked every fuse. The lights in question are reading lights above the bed and located in the slide out in the nose of the 5th wheel. Thanks for your input.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:35 PM   #14
Site Team

Everything 12 volt goes thru the fuse block. So you might want to check the wires under the bed where the slide motor is. Could be a wire is disconnected. Also Have you checked that the bulbs are good. Sorry but sure sounds like a wire problem.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:09 PM   #15
Seasonal Camper

If the lights are in a slide out, look under the slide for a metal electrical box. Those are notorious for getting water in them and either blowing fuses or corroding.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:10 PM   #16
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipeFlier View Post
If the lights are in a slide out, look under the slide for a metal electrical box. Those are notorious for getting water in them and either blowing fuses or corroding.
Probably the answer.....

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:20 AM   #17
New Camper

I would check all your fuses. My dome lights over the double slide-out in my 2015 ST 260 RL went dim. Although all fuses were good I found that one fuse receptacle was not making solid contact. The lights flickered when I touched the inserted fuse. Also, the fuse was not labeled for the lights or the slide-out, but it was an easy fix.
Lefty Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote