Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Missouri
Posts: 57
Exclamation Good place to camp around Pensacola FL??

My wife and I are trying to figure out where we want to take our “new to us” travel trailer on our first trip. We’re in southern Missouri, and we’re wanting to head towards the ocean…..maybe straight south to Galveston Texas? Maybe somewhere around the Gulfport / Pensacola Florida area?
What are some nice RV park areas around there that aren’t super expensive (some I saw were over $120+ a night), but have nice amenities, and are close to the beach?



I found a few around Pensacola Beach that looked nice…..but it was almost as much to stay at a decent hotel vs. the RV Park. And most of the RV parks I saw still require you to drive a few miles to make it to the beach….can you find RV parks right on the water? Having a small 19ft travel trailer, am I better trying to find a camping area vs. an RV park?

Any suggestions would be great!
IQRaceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 72
florida Panhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQRaceworks View Post
My wife and I are trying to figure out where we want to take our “new to us” travel trailer on our first trip. We’re in southern Missouri, and we’re wanting to head towards the ocean…..maybe straight south to Galveston Texas? Maybe somewhere around the Gulfport / Pensacola Florida area?
What are some nice RV park areas around there that aren’t super expensive (some I saw were over $120+ a night), but have nice amenities, and are close to the beach?



I found a few around Pensacola Beach that looked nice…..but it was almost as much to stay at a decent hotel vs. the RV Park. And most of the RV parks I saw still require you to drive a few miles to make it to the beach….can you find RV parks right on the water? Having a small 19ft travel trailer, am I better trying to find a camping area vs. an RV park?

Any suggestions would be great!
Have stayed at 'Emerald Beach RV Resort in Navarre, Fl. and it is real nice. Rates for large pull thru were $55 p/night. It is right on Santa Rosa Sound. Will be returning this year as well.
breams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:55 PM   #3
Full Time Camper
 
fhenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ms
Posts: 2,739
State park in Waveland is nice.
__________________
Frank and Janet Henn
2017 380MBH pushing a 2007 Dodge
CDT with a six speed Automatic
Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the wonder dogs and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:07 PM   #4
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Missouri
Posts: 57
Anyone been to Fort Pickens? That looks pretty nice.
IQRaceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #5
Full Time Camper
 
Russb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 600
Just returned from a week at Ft. Pickens. This was our fourth stay there. Sites are mostly good size, all with w/e. If you have a choice we prefer loop A. If you have a senior pass rate is half price. Gulf beaches were great and the water temp was in the 80's.
Both the beach and bay are a short walk from the campsite. There are beaches in the park that have parking.
__________________
Russ
Forney,TX
2010 Cruiser CTX CT29RLX
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:54 PM   #6
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Missouri
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russb View Post
Just returned from a week at Ft. Pickens. This was our fourth stay there. Sites are mostly good size, all with w/e. If you have a choice we prefer loop A. If you have a senior pass rate is half price. Gulf beaches were great and the water temp was in the 80's.
Both the beach and bay are a short walk from the campsite. There are beaches in the park that have parking.
Did you try any fishing at Fort Pickens? I've heard you don't need a fishing license if you fish off of the pier there. Also, what about some fun family stuff to do there? I want to make sure I don't get bored after being there a few days
IQRaceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #7
Full Time Camper
 
Russb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQRaceworks View Post
Did you try any fishing at Fort Pickens? I've heard you don't need a fishing license if you fish off of the pier there. Also, what about some fun family stuff to do there? I want to make sure I don't get bored after being there a few days
We didn't do any fishing so I don't know about needing a license. The Naval Air museum in Pensacola is worth a day. Depending on when you are there the Blue Angels practice on Tuesday's and you can see the show from Pickens. Plenty of good restaurants. There is a zoo nearby if you're in to that. The Alabama Battleship Park in Mobile is about 90 minutes away and worth seeing. You pass it if you're on I-10.
__________________
Russ
Forney,TX
2010 Cruiser CTX CT29RLX
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.