Old 03-24-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
GeorgeG
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG

Planning on going camping this weekend, so, I dewinterized this afternoon. Was filling the fresh water tank to flush it and clean it for the weekend. Well after it was filled, I turned on the pump and it came on and I waited for it to stop. Twenty minutes later, it was still running. I turned on a faucet and no water. Pump is still running. I closed the faucet and connected a hose to the onlet and turned it on. The pump quit. I turned the water off at the hose and bled off the pressure. The pump came on. It ran for atleast twenty minutes and still did not shut off. I opened a faucet and ..........no water. Just an other problem to add to the piece of%*&$ that I bought. I guess it is time to email Randy and tell him there is another problem for them to fix. Talk about being Peed off. Well time to drink and say ____-it.

George

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
Bayou Talker
Weekend Camper

Maybe a stupid question but did you run water out of all of the faucets with the city water connected and make sure the lines are full? Could be the pump is just air locked.

2010 Cruiser CF32CK Patriot

2007 Dodge 3500 4X4
Bayou Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:17 AM   #3
BDLuke
Seasonal Camper

My guess is the the valve may be open for your antifreeze bottle and it is sucking air.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
GeorgeG
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou Talker
Maybe a stupid question but did you run water out of all of the faucets with the city water connected and make sure the lines are full? Could be the pump is just air locked.

Yes I did. Once the pump is running and if I turn on city water, pump stops.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
GeorgeG
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDLuke
My guess is the the valve may be open for your antifreeze bottle and it is sucking air.

The valve is in the freshwater tank position. I also tried it in the antifreeze position. Nothing nada zero zilch

Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
mwebber78
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

Well, could be a few issues. First, make sure your fresh water city inlet doesn't have a defective valve. Do you have a basement full of water? I had one go bad on my Jayco and I couldn't figure out why the pump was running & running. My wife yelled that water was spraying out the city inlet. That was a simple fix but annoying.

Second, ensure that your plug is installed in the HW heater. Then make sure the by-pass is not engaged for the HW heater OR the antifreeze pump line. Also, make sure your fresh water tank is half full and that the plug in the bottom is installed (I've been there). Fill the tank as mentioned, close all faucets and outside shower to the OFF position. Open only a single faucet, both hot/cold on the faucet furthest from your tank/pump. Turn the pump ON, this will bleed air, fill your HW tank (this can take a bit) and will circulate water through the system.

If this doesn't work the pump itself may not have been winterized correctly, there is a check valve in the pump. Is this defective?
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #7
GeorgeG
Seasonal Camper

I put a shut off valve at the city water connection in case the valve was open, not that. No the basement is dry.

The plug is in the water heater. The by pass is not engaged. The fresh water tank is full and the plug is in place. I filled the hot water tank when connected to city water. I flushed antifreeze from lines while connected to city water. Disconnected city water and filled fresh water tank. Turned on pump and waited for pump to quit, but it did not. Opened bathroom sink faucet and water just trickled out then quit. If I connect city water while pump is running pump stops, but does not pump water from the tank. I can fill a portable tank and put a hose in it and connect to the winterize connection and turn on the pump and it will pull the water from the portable tank. It is not pulling the water from the fresh water tank.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #8
mwebber78
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78

That means the check valve in the pump is bad or stuck, or there is a diaphram issue with the pump. How did you winterize, did you use the pump to pull anitfreeze?
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #9
GeorgeG
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
That means the check valve in the pump is bad or stuck, or there is a diaphram issue with the pump. How did you winterize, did you use the pump to pull anitfreeze?

Yes, the pump was used to pull the antifreeze towinterize.

Other than that I have not used the pump.Edited by: GeorgeG

Old 03-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
Chrisnan23
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG
I put a shut off valve at the city water connection in case the valve was open, not that. No the basement is dry.

The plug is in the water heater. The by pass is not engaged. The fresh water tank is full and the plug is in place. I filled the hot water tank when connected to city water. I flushed antifreeze from lines while connected to city water. Disconnected city water and filled fresh water tank. Turned on pump and waited for pump to quit, but it did not. Opened bathroom sink faucet and water just trickled out then quit. If I connect city water while pump is running pump stops, but does not pump water from the tank. I can fill a portable tank and put a hose in it and connect to the winterize connection and turn on the pump and it will pull the water from the portable tank. It is not pulling the water from the fresh water tank.

Check the pick up hose for kinks and look at where it disappears to the tank to make sure it is not pinched.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote