I thought if I used two hose clamps, one above and one below the narrowed waist, it would seal. No luck, that hose just won't seal. I had read some people used teflon pipe dope. That's what the factory did. So I tried that. No luck. I also read some people used silicone sealant. I bought a tube of basic DAP silicone sealant. It says right on it that it is food safe. I put it on the lower part of the tank fitting and slid the hose on, and clamped it. It worked.
I had read some people used alternative types of hose. This stock hose is FDA approved material. I know that the clear vinyl type will support mold growth, because there is some in my vent tube. So I wanted to stick with the stock one.
I have seen the posts about the water pickup, and using a copper line in the tank. I rummaged through my parts bins looking for the right fittings. Instead I found a plastic fitting that I could just force a 1/2" poly water line into. I mean it was tight, it should not fall out. The line had a natural arc memorized, so all I had to do was arc it the right direction to sit on the bottom of the tank. Poor picture, hard to see the tube:
As to the tank supports, I had read various posts and all methods sounded okay. I decided to call Randy at the factory anyway. I'm going with his method, more or less. I switched to 5/8" plywood, and am going to run a brace long-wise (side to side)under the middle of the tank. This brace will be below and up againstthe Darco belly sheeting, and will be bolted to the outer flanges of the frame. Randy recommended two of them, C-channels. Well, the stab jacks are in the way, so I'm only using one, about in the middle. But it's plenty stout, especially combined with the 5/8ths plywood.
Be sure you orient the plywood so the grain runs across the 38" span of the tank. ie From front to back of the trailer, not side to side. If you are going to support the whole 60" length of the tank, that means you'll need two separate pieces, say 30 x 38 for example, side by side. If you didn't know this, and cut one 38 x 60 piece from a sheet, you'd be orienting it with the grain running the wrong way, and it would be very weak in the direction that you need it to be strong.
I remounted the tank but haven't put the support channel on yet. Anyway, hopefully the fresh water tank is up to snuff now.