Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Mosquitoes getting inside trailer

My trailer is a Sunset Trail 250RB. At night we had been getting many mosquitoes in the bathroom. They were getting in through the vent behind the toilet. I think this vent is for the refrigerator in the outside bar.
I removed the inside vent in the bathroom (the ones behind the fridge are inaccessible ) and installed a piece of screen material behind them.
With the bathroom light on the bugs are attracted to these vents when the bar is open.
Winterpegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:16 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterpegger View Post
My trailer is a Sunset Trail 250RB. At night we had been getting many mosquitoes in the bathroom. They were getting in through the vent behind the toilet. I think this vent is for the refrigerator in the outside bar.
I removed the inside vent in the bathroom (the ones behind the fridge are inaccessible ) and installed a piece of screen material behind them.
With the bathroom light on the bugs are attracted to these vents when the bar is open.

SunSet Trails w/ outside Kitchens do have 2 vents for 110VAC refers & above are open, completely open above.
On wife's 32RL whole outside kitchen's top is completely open to inside kitchen. At present have to keep outside kitchen door closed when not actively using outside kitchen to help keep bugs out of trailer insides & drawers.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:35 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Boy, that sounds like a design flaw that hopefully, CrossRoads reviews ,after these comments.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:22 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

Same problem only it was flies entering our bunk room thru outside refrigerator vents. Installed screens. Problem solved.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker View Post
Same problem only it was flies entering our bunk room thru outside refrigerator vents. Installed screens. Problem solved.

Don't know anything about SST bunkhouses. What I stated was for outside kitchens. Wife's SST SF32RL is in need of several yards of "No-See-mus" screening to close off outside kitchen to allow no bugs inside use . . .
Old 07-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

The ST290QB has an outside kitchen which is where the "outside refrigerator" is located. Behind the outside refrigerator are two vents that look like radio speakers. They connect directly to the inside of the camper and provide an opening for insects to enter. I lined the vents with screen.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:20 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

are you in the keys
and sway bars.
kcandsting is offline   Reply With Quote