Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #41
fjo
Weekend Camper

Just ordered the 335SS today. It will be our first Crossroads product. We hope all will go well.
fjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #42
Weekend Camper

We are also considering the 335SS , but have not been able to actually check one out. Both RV shows we went to didn't have that model. This would be our second Cruiser. Hoping to see one on our way to Gulf Shores next week!
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:24 AM   #43
Weekend Camper

Goon,

Go to Southern RV, Jonesboro GA wed site. New inventoryfifth wheels.A good picture layout of the335SS.
firefighter65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #44
Weekend Camper

Thanks, i'll check it out. DW needs the visual and "feel" before ordering anything!!!!!
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:54 AM   #45
Weekend Camper

Thank you very much. We wanted to see what an 335SS interior looks like.

Hopefully Crossroads will offer washer-drier hookups in the halll closet area by the timewe buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter65
Goon,

Go to Southern RV, Jonesboro GA wed site. New inventoryfifth wheels.A good picture layout of the335SS.
Tom Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #46
Weekend Camper

If you were at the Houston show this month and looked at the 335SS Patriot they had there, that was mine - I had to wait until after the show to pick it up. I researched 5th wheels for several months, comparing different brands and dealers before I picked a Cruiser from Topper's as the best value in east Texas. I live a few hours away and, by the time I got to Topper's, the 335 they had in the showroom was gone, so I bought the next one coming in. I would have liked the therma-pane windows, but couldn't wait for a special order - we've sold our house and are going to drive up the Alcan Hwy to Alaska, traveling north as the snow melts! We'll be out of the house and in the 335 next week and are really looking forward to trying it out!
JimmyCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #47
Full Time Camper

JimmyCan:

Congratulations on the new unit. We were at the Houston show and got a good look at your unit. Really nice. Enjoy your trip to Alaska.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #48
Weekend Camper

Thank you, George. We hauled a load of our stuff out to Canyon Lake today and started preps for moving into it - hey, I got to mess with the TV for the first time, adjusted the A/C, turned lights on and off, go through all those little new RV rituals...
Old 02-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #49
Full Time Camper

Jim, where bouts on Canyon Lake are you?
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #50
Weekend Camper

I've been a member of Lake Pointe RV Resort for several years. I had a bumper pull prior to the Cruiser and kept it in the storage lot in the park. Two other couples, our close friends, and us would go up before Memorial day and find spots close together to set up the campers and leave them up for a good bit of the summer, work during the week and go up on the weekends. We always a wonderful time - we'll miss them when we move to AK.

Lake Pointe is a wonderful little camp - it's a member owned association with lots of folks like us and our friends that enjoy going up and staying for a while, the membership includes over two months of camping, only pay for electricity. We've met a lot of really nice people there. If you want to camp regularly in central Texas, Lake Pointe is great, lots of big old oak trees, the deer love to be fed, two swimming pools, enough shore line to provide a nice 20-30 min walk, some condos to stay in, and my summer favorite: ice cream at the clubhouse at 2pm - which I wear around the waistline all winter....
Old 02-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #51
Weekend Camper

Jimmy, My wife andI were in your trailer at the Houston show and really went over it with a "fine tooth comb"- as they would say. It looked great.

It looked so good that my wife and I sat at your kitchen table and wrote Toppers out a check for one we were ordering.

We got a few options since we had to order it anyway. We got the slideout awnings (toppers), 2nd ac in the front and the thermal pane windows.

Seems to me the 335ss has the "best bang for the buck". We have been to a lot of shows and looked at a lot of different brands. (some we've never heard of)

Since you're getting ready to put it to the "acid test", let us knowhow everything is holding up.

Take care-- Happy Trails

Vickark
vickark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:54 AM   #52
Weekend Camper

Do I understand that there are two diff. setups for axel between Lippert and Dexter? How will I know whitch one comes with the CF31REP that we looked at last wk. at a dealer in N.Y.? If the wheel size is 16 inch, do I get dexter or 15 inch comes as lippert setup? JIMAR