Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

We brought our new cf30sk home last week and are getting ready for an extended trip to southern Utah. We extended all the slides and, on the bedroom slide, the top and both sides are well insulated. On the bottom behind the bed you can see daylight all the way across. There is no insulation, only the two pieces of rubber or vinyl. Our unit has the upgraded insulation. On our previous cf29ck without the upgraded insulation we never noticed this. It seems to me that there would be some kind of insulation on the bottom part of the slide. Can anyone check their slide and see if that the norm. Thanks

te54650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

It sounds like your slide may need to be adjusted. The bottom of the slide might not be seating good and the seal making good contact. That would be my first thought.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Is the slide fully extended when you see the daylight accross? My slide when fully extended is tight against the inside pad like seal,when its not fully extended,you could possible see light.I haven't checked my slide except I noticed that there is only one rubber wiper around it where my other brand slides I have had always had two wipers,one on each side of the wall all the way around.I just assumed that Crossroad did theirs different.But on the others if the slide was stopped part way sometimes there was light seen there.Hope this is some help.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

I have the same problem with my 30sk. I got some of the round foam insulation for pipe and I stuff it behind the flap seal on the bottom of the slide from the outside. Just have to remember to take it out before putting the slide in. Make sure you get a size that will fit the gap. I think it's a rather poor design. The slide seals nicely on the sides and top. No foam pad across the bottom like on the sides and top.

With the pipe insulation you can use 2 pieces and go around the corner and up the sides a little.

boge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

My slides go out all the way because they are tight on the top and sides. I agree with Boge that it probably just poor design. I can't believe that its so good on the top and sides and that much air can get through across the bottom. I just thought Crossroads maybe just forgot the insulation across the bottom. I thought about using the same type thing people put across the bottom of exterior door (its like a tube filled with sand or something).

te54650 is offline   Reply With Quote