Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2017, 10:51 PM   #1
tp1
Weekend Camper

Fresh Water Tank

Just purchased a 2012 Cruiser cf345rf. I pored 2 gallons of rv antifreeze in the fresh water holding tank but can not get it to pump into the water lines. The pump is running but nothing comes from through lines. What am I doing wrong?
tp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
tp1
Weekend Camper

poured
Old 10-29-2017, 06:27 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Fresh water tank

It will likely take more than two gallons, the pick up tube is an inch plus off the bottom of the tank.
I winterize and I think most here too as well, by siphoning thru the pump directly at the pump. Locate the pump you should see a short length of hose and a valve to do just that. Leaving some water in the tank ONLY will have no effect on the plumbing system as long as all lines have antifreeze. Plenty of threads to read about winterizing. I use compressor first, then antifreeze in lines, never a problem,and a lot easier for opening in spring without all that antifreeze in the FW tank to purge through. Good luck
1995 Ram 1500 4x4 5.4 Gasser/Hunt Truck (cherry)
Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:47 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
It will likely take more than two gallons, the pick up tube is an inch plus off the bottom of the tank.
I winterize and I think most here too as well, by siphoning thru the pump directly at the pump. Locate the pump you should see a short length of hose and a valve to do just that. Leaving some water in the tank ONLY will have no effect on the plumbing system as long as all lines have antifreeze. Plenty of threads to read about winterizing. I use compressor first, then antifreeze in lines, never a problem,and a lot easier for opening in spring without all that antifreeze in the FW tank to purge through. Good luck
DITTO! Good Advice.

I do pour a gallon down into each grey tank and into the black tank only because I worry about their associated gate valves.
I also pump some into the black tank flush system to protect the hose to the black tank. Since I have tied it to the overhead it may not drain as engineered.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:08 PM   #5
tp1
Weekend Camper

Thanks that was a whole lot easier than going from fresh water tank. The only thing now is that I had a good bit of it come out through the city water hookup. Why would it do that?
Old 10-29-2017, 09:24 PM   #6
Site Team

Anti siphon valve is stuck or is bad. Stick your finger into the water connection and "flick" the little plunger. It should reseat itself, if not, it may have to be replaced.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:36 PM   #7
tp1
Weekend Camper

any suggestions on unsticking?