Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi, We have a 2009 Cruiser CT32, with the bedroom in the front V. The living room tv (in the entertainment slider) is currently connected to Direct Tv Satellite. We would like to hook it up to the roof antenna. I have raised the antenna. The manual says to make sure the power supply switch is on. Where would I find that? Have looked pretty much everywhere. And once we find that, what would we need to do with the cables coming from the satellite dish to the tv (hopefully nothing?). And then I assume I would need to use the tv's remote and change the "source"? I really appreciate the help i know I'm going to get!

North Dakota Boomin'
melissadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Disconnect the cable from the Direct TV receiver that runs to the TV. In the entertainment center, next to your TV there should be a Antenna power amplifier box on the wall with a small switch on it. Run a coax from the jack on this box and turn on the switch. Reprogram your TV to receive over the air broadcast and do a channel search. That should be it. Both TV's should receive signals from the antenna.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I use an hdmi cable from sat. reciever to tv and hook over the air cable to the threaded cable connection. You can know leave both hooked up. Don't forget to turn on amplifer when over the air.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
New Camper

There is no switch or button to push at all in this area. we did turn off the sat. box, connected cable directly from wall outlet that we think is the antenna, to the tv., raised the antenna. tv says its searching but doesn't find any channels. And i know there is somewhere between 4-8 channels in the area...

Old 02-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Do you have anything that looks like this in your livingroom entertainment center?
http://www.rvsupplyparts.com/index.p...ail&p=6930
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ckcropped2.jpg
BDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
New Camper

no but we have something like that in the bedroom except without the two round things on the middle righthand portion.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
New Camper

I'm calling the winegard co tomorrow. but thank you everyone. and if there's anymore suggestions, i'll try them. thanks again.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #8
New Camper

Thank you everyone! Figured it out and we have tv now. Appreciate the advice.