Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Our 30QB has two holes in each spring hanger. Are these to allow adjustment of ride height at the axles? I ask in regards to leveling the trailer. The dealer rigged the setup, but it leaves the trailer a little low in the back. They are unsure abou the second set of holes. I don't want to raise the pin box if I can help it. The holes would provide for about 1.5 inches of clearance if the lower ones were used. Thanks!

2010 Cruiser 30QB

2010 Dodge Ram MegaCab 2500

6.7L Cummins

Huskey 16K Dual Pivot Slider

Sandy, Utah

RKCRWLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

It will only raise about 3/4 ins because you are raising only one side of your spring. To get full height you have to raise the center equalizer also.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Welcome to the forum. Lot's of help offerd here. About the lower holes, I just talked to my local dealer about the same thing. One of the techs there told me to talk to a suspension and spring shop as they contract all their axle and spring work to them. I never got around to it yet, but would like to hear from anyone out there that has done this.

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

If you move up to the next hole you change the alignment of the axle unless you change the center mount as well.This can be corrected by having the trailer aligned after you move them.How much clearance do you presently have between the trailer and you bed rails?Most folks recommend you maintain at least 6" of clearance between the trailer and the bed rail.I think you will find many have their trailer a little high in the front. Especially if the TV is 4 wheel drive.Just to maintain a sufficient amount of distance on the bed rail.

Edited by: mapachoo

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:45 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapachoo
If you move up to the next hole you change the alignment of the axle unless you change the center mount as well.This can be corrected by having the trailer aligned after you move them.How much clearance do you presently have between the trailer and you bed rails?If you are low in the rear you need to lower the pin box as opposed to raising it.Most folks recommend you maintain at least 6" of clearance between the trailer and the bed rail.I think you will find many have their trailer a little high in the front. Especially if the TV is 4 wheel drive.Just to maintain a sufficient amount of distance on the bed rail.
Lippert told me the same thing about changing the alignment. I ended up raising the trailer by having new center hangers installed, then going to the lower holes in the front/back hangers. My trailer sets about 10" above my bedrails. Honestly, I don't see how folks make do with less. I don't do any "off roading" and I still see my trailer get close to the bedrails on occasions.
pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKCRWLR
Our 30QB has two holes in each spring hanger. Are these to allow adjustment of ride height at the axles? I ask in regards to leveling the trailer. The dealer rigged the setup, but it leaves the trailer a little low in the back. They are unsure abou the second set of holes. I don't want to raise the pin box if I can help it. The holes would provide for about 1.5 inches of clearance if the lower ones were used. Thanks!

Tim,

I have the same unit and a somewhat the same truck as you.. Some variables maybe the different hitch set-ups we have, along with the stock 20" tires my truck came with.

I have been pulling our trailer now for over 10k miles with about a two closed fist distance between the trailer bottom and my bed rails with no issues. I do get concerned with the rear bumper of the trailer scraping when transition between a parking lot and road with a steep short grade. No scraping yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote