Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Anyone have this problem? My 06 CF29CK has a booth style table help up by two posts. The darned thing is made from particle board and has a bad sway in the middle. I bet the middle of the table is 3/8 inch lower then each end! It is very obvious and looks bad. I am in the process of making a new one. This has been the only issue I've had with quality.
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We have a 2007 CF29CK and we also have a sag in the middle, but not that noticeable. However, the table is extremely wobbly. The leg anchors are secure but there is sure a lot of movement. Is that normal?

Land O Lakes, FL

2007 CF29CK

Ford F250 Diesel Crew Cab
tgckmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgckmc
We have a 2007 CF29CK and we also have a sag in the middle, but not that noticeable. However, the table is extremely wobbly. The leg anchors are secure but there is sure a lot of movement. Is that normal?

The large metal legs that support the table are crimped (I think that is the right word) at each end to allow them to fit into the bases mounted on the floor and the underside of the table. Try opening up the crimping on the legs so the end of the post is a little wider. That should hold it more securely in the bases. If the table is sagging in the middle I would try this. Lay the table on a flat surface with the bottom facing up and make certain the table is laying completely flat with no "hump" in the middle. Using a good carpenters glue, glue a board across the bottom of the table running from 1 leg post bracket to the other, right down the middle of the table. I might also put a few screws in it, just be certain they are not long enough to come through the top of the table! Make sure the table is completely flat during all of this. I would think that would hold the table flat and keep it from sagging in the future.

Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Good advise Lonnie. Understand Particle board is very susceptible to moisture, even humidity. you should also seal the board with shelac or paint.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

i'll add my two cents. you can trim the bottom and tops of the table legs. that will put more of the fatter part of the taper edge into the the table and floor.i might add a small piece of aluminum angle iron or a block of wood to the wall where the table touches. that will make the table more steady.also running a dehumidifier when your trailer is not in use (not constantly)will pull alot of moisture out of your trailer.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I take a rubber mallet and tap it down on the posts and it tightens it up. My table started to develop swelling and bubbling on the end away from the wall. The table never got wet in our use and I run a dehumidifier. I think it must of gotten wet while at the manufacture of the wood or at factory. It was still under warranty and our dealer got me a new one.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I'm sorry I meant at lumber company since the manufacture of the wood is the forest.
malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I keep a rubber mallet in the drawer under the seat at the dinette. Just give a good whack on each post sets 'em down nice and tight. I have not had any problem with the table top sagging. My daughter sleeps on the dinette every night when we are out so weare taking the table down every night and setting it up every morning with out any problems.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

I just built a new table with birch plywood and poplar edge boards. Looks nice and straight for now. I have sealed it with multiple coats of varnish on both sides.
Pull Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #10
New Camper

Had the same problem with our 29 RK-had dealer bring in an extra table with the next shipment of trailers and it was bowed also. He told me to go look in any of the new trailers and find one I liked and he would go to the trouble of getting a new one to replace it. Out of seven new ones they all sagged!!!!! Took my old one and flipped it over and layed a piece of rock maple down the center after making sure it was laying flat. Glued and screwed and you can put anything on it you want and it will not bow.

Michael

06 Duramax

05 29 RK

06 duramax

29RK
railroad michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

We had the same problem with a bow in the table. We took it back to the dealership and they ordered a new table. It was reenforced more and we haven't had anymore problems since then.Â*

Porterville, Ca.

2006 Cruiser CF29CK owner pulled with a 2006 GMC crewcab LBZ Duramax

Contributing forum member since 2006
gbsell@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote